Sunday, July 27, 2008

An Unusual Sunday Morning

Usually sunday mornings are pretty rushed. DJ gets ready and leaves for meetings. I have hopefully gotten ready before he left, then eat, feed the kids, get the diaper bag ready, get primary stuff ready, get the kids ready, get two bags and two kids to the car, in the car, out of the car and into the church.

Well this morning, we got ready and still had nearly 1/2 hour before we even had to leave for church. What a blessing to feel calm as we walked into the building ten minutes early!!

While we were waiting to go to church, the kids spent some quality time in the morning shade on our patio. (for nearly 30 min)

Annica snuggled on my lap telling me stories and relaxing.





Eli practiced for his future surfing career. Doesn't he look handsome in his church outfit?




I just sat and enjoyed the shade and good company of my sweet kids who looked at the car over the edge once they got too anxious to stay home any longer.

4 comments:

Holly said...

How wonderful to get that extra time to share with your beautiful kids! I love it when things work out like that!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Amazing! Is the dress that Annica is wearing the one that you had when you were younger? Great pictures by the way.

stephanie and sean said...

how wonderful! I feel more relaxed just reading your post! I'm so happy you had that time to spend with the wee ones and to prepare for the sabbath. Okay, so Eli looks SO handsome. He's beyond a cute baby ... his face and those little expressions of his are just handsome. He looks so grown up.

Mel said...

Ok so you guys have the cutest kids ever!! They are getting so big already!