Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Festivities!




We were able to enjoy a long weekend of Festivities with our good friends, Sean and Stephanie Braniff. They were ablt to stay with us for a few days and we had a blast! We kicked off the weekend with a mid-morning at the beach. The water is a lot warmer now, and only getting warmer. We went to a beach called Sandbridge, which is less touristy and busy. The waves were quite calm, and DJ, Steph and Sean had no fear jumping through the waves and going wuite deep in the water. As for me, I stayed on the beach wth Annica and Eli for a while, but later got talked into going further in. Annica loves to jump in the waves! Eli was a little overwhemled, but defintly happily overwhemled. He was held most of the time, but had a blast in the water as well. We also collected seashells, dug holes, relaxed under the umbrella, and enjoyed the sunshine. Steph took some really great pictures that I am so greatful to have i my possesion! She also made these scrap pages for me! Thankyou thankyou!!





Here are some more pictures from the beach that I love.
Annica climbed in a hole that DJ dug for her.

DJ's Baywatch Run

"Stephy" and I

The Love Birds

Swimming through the waves... Hes so manly!

Steph, DJ and I all ended up with some pretty burnt places... but not all over.


In the evening, we decided to stay home and watch the fireworks from our porch. They were closer than we thought, and were really neat! Annica was absolutely amazed! "look! Wow! they are soo cute!! Cool!!".



Saturday was a little gloomy. Sean and DJ played tenis in the morning, then it rained most of the day, so we enjoyed eachother company at home. We were so lucky in the evening to hit a pocket of good whether fir a couple of hours. We went to the ocean front and road a scury down the board walk which was so so so FUN! Then we took a walk along the beach in the dark. As soon as we got back into the car it started pooring rain again. Wheeww! So we came home and learned an adicting new card game called Over Under.








Sunday began the rain, that lasted through the night. We went to church, came home and ate a yummy meal, then the Braniffs got ready and headed out!
The whole weekend went by way to fast! But it really was so much fun, and now we are all getting back to our normal lives, but won't ever forget this 4th of July! Our first one in virginia Beach!


3 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like you had fun! I love all the cute pictures!

Joy Hutchings said...

Way cute pictures! Your burn looks painful! I hope it heals fast. Maybe the rain for the next week down there will help! What is that red thing that you guys are riding in? Kris and I couldn't decide if it was a pedal cart or a go cart thing. You guys are having tons of fun adventures down there, I love your blog! Thankx for the great idea!

Christy said...

Cute pics and great scrapbook pages!!