Friday, August 1, 2008

Uncle Carl

Last night, a beloved man passed away. My Dad's brother. My uncle Carl. We have known for a couple months that he was not going to make it for too much longer, but I don't think anyone expected things to go down hill so fast.

I did not know my Uncle as well as many did. But I do know this: He loved nearly everyone he came in contact with. He loved to talk in his very southern accent about nearly anything. He could talk for a long time, and he could listen for a long time too. He loved his family while he was here and will continue to love his family and many others throughout the eternities. Though in retrospect, his family will be reunited again shortly, I know that it is hard to be left behind.
I want to bear my testimony that I know we can see him again. I know without a doubt that there is life after death.

Carl has left his wife, many children, brothers and a sister, his parents, and many friends. There is no doubt in my mind that he was greeted by the loving arms of his Sister Connie who was also taken to the spirit world not long ago.

I would like to send my love and prayers to those who are grieving. Allow the grieving process to happen, and try to stay strong. Whether it be Carl or someone else, God be with you in your road to recovery and strength.

1 comment:

stephanie and sean said...

Our prayers are with your family. How sweet the gospel is when we are faced with potentially devistating evets. Thank you for your testimony. I hope your family can be blessed with peace and comfort.