I was really looking forward to conference, but worried that with two children we would not be able to listen to much. I prayed hard that our children would behave, that we would find a way to quietly entertain so that we could be edified with the rest of the those who listened to the wonderful general conference. My prayers were answered beyond measure! While the kids were awake, they played happily and quietly. We made a tent that kept them happily entertained. Then on sunday, both of Eli's naps worked out during conference time. And during the last session, even Annica took a nap, which hasn't happened in weeks. It was truley and incredible weekend, and I now feel uplifted and edified and can start this week with a new found strength and go about life in a more cheerful manner. I know that the Lord knows what we need, but sometimes all it takes is us asking. He wants us to openly communicate with him, just as and Earthly parent hopes that their children will be open in communication toward them. There is so much I could say about this conference, but I think I will hold off and just keep those feeling in my heart. It was an amazing weekend! And I am so grateful to my children for being so good! And so thankful to a Heavenly Father who truly does hear our prayers and will help us through life if we only allow him in. I can't wait to read the ensign when it comes out and remember the talks that were heard. I love conference!!!
After conference we were all happy and excited to be so spirit filled. We went down to the beach, which is now tourist-free, and spend time together as a family. we wrote in the sand, threw the frisbee, made sand castle, collected seashells, laughed and played. The sun went down all to fast, and everyone was so worn out that we slept through the night!
13 years ago
5 comments:
I am so jealous that you are so close to the beach. What I would give to be able to go play like that with my kids. Enjoy it!!!
We want to come visit you and the beach! What a blessing you had to watch all of conference:) Wasn't it amazing! Yeah 5 new temples!!
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy conference! The Lord truly does hear & answer our prayers--of that I am sure. What a wonderful thing it is to be able to pray and communicate with our Heavenly Father, and to know that He hears us. Thanks for sharing your experience! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of conference since we were at the hospital all weekend, so we're looking forward to the Ensign coming out!
forts are the best!!!!! i say the next time we get together we build a ginormous fort!
Cadence does still take naps. It's a necessity most days - but she usually doesn't go to bed until 9. If we want her to have an early bedtime - 7 - she doesn't have a nap. Most days, she still needs one though.
Post a Comment