Tuesday, October 14, 2008

... And then it dawned on us...

DJ and I were able to get up early on saturday and go for an early morning date. My family is in town, and my Dad came to sit with the kids while we headed over to the beach to watch the sun rise and it was incredible!! We were the only ones in sight for a long time. After a while a lady came by and asked if she could take pictures for us. It was windy, but clean and crisp... and an amazing experience to see the sun as it first touched the ocean, before it even touched land. This was unforgettable. And who better to share it with than DJ... my love!


The white caps were neat this morning, because the wind was strong and therefore the waves were rushing in faster than usual. I made for white water, and lots of sea foam built up on the beach. Which of course accounts for some fun and surprisingly stunning pictures.



4 comments:

Brooke said...

Seriously, can you make me any more jealous? I can't imagine living so close to the ocean. You guys are so lucky. I loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing!!!

Rasmussen Family said...

awww so precious!!!

stephanie and sean said...

oh what stunning pictures! what an unforgettable memory :) I love the picture of dj holding the sun :) you should frame that one! i'm so glad you are so in love and have opportunities to celebrate it!

Britney said...

great pictures!i wanna go & do that now with my hubby! what time again?