Sunday, June 8, 2008

Harbor Festival




We thought it would be a great experience to go to the harbor festival. I do think that it was put together VERY well. There were boats everywhere. Cruise liners, battle ships, ships that brought the early settlers, "pirate" ships, motor boats, sail boats, you name it! There was food, activities, shops and LOTS of people and one huge problem. THE HEAT! It reached 103 degrees. My kids were bright red from being too hot, they were starting to get lathargic.
So after touring one of the settling ships, eating some icecream to try to cool down and looking around, we headed out. We only lasted about an hour, but I am sure we could have stayed much longer and been fully entertained it it wasn't for the weather.



1 comment:

stephanie and sean said...

that sounds SO fun! I love those cool pictures! man oh man I understand what you mean about the heat ... then add the HUMIDITY ... I start sweating about three minutes after being outside!!!