Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birdthay DJ


I know this post is a little late.. Dj's birthday was last Saturday and we wanted to make ti really special: a nice breakfast, a trip to the museum hes been dying to go to, Papa Johns Pizza for lunch... and the best part was that I had babysitters lined up to take him on a surprise date! For our date, we went on got him fitted for a couple suits, got a smoothie and took a nice walk on the beach, waves were higher than we thought and I hought it would be funny to push DJ in the water (just a bit). It was funny. Thanks to Dan and Chelsea for helping me out! After our date, we had icecream cake and cupcakes. Annica still remembers that we did not sing happy birthday to daddy. Woops! But it was still a great day! I love him so much, and gave a tribute to him for our aniversary... so yo uall know how I feel. Heres some fun pictures!

At the "Nauticous"... navy museum.





A hands on experience... DJ said it would rally mean a lot to him for his birthday (way to sause it!) If I would touch a shark with him. The kids weren't tall enough, but got to get their hands wet in a different tank with horse shoe crabs, hermit crabs, star fish, and some other strange things. Anica also taouched a tornado.






Part of the Museum is a HUGE "retired" battleship. We got to walk around it. DJ was like a kid in a candy store, a great birthday present. On the front were these huge guns that we are standing in front of, then DJ is standing next to one of the "bullet" that comes out of it. YIKES that thing was big!




Happy Birthday DJ!

3 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

oh how lame are we! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like it was the best day ever! Jessi you are are so brave for touching those sharks. holy shmoly! I'm so glad it was such a wonderful day :)

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday DJ and sorry we woke you up to tell you so - in our defense we hadn't unpacked our calender yet and had no idea even what the date was . . . until you had gone to bed that is. But we love you

alma and nicole smith said...

happy birthday DJ!! it sounds like an awesome day! what cool stuff there is to do back east...we need to come visit! :)