
We always new that Annabelle (my niece) and Eli had a special connection. Little did we know they needed to be so alike in the way they do things.
Last week, Annabelle broke her arm in what is called a green twig break. The two bones in her forearm kind of got bent, basically. She now has a "pink" arm.
This morning, Eli fell off my bed. It was only 6:30 am, so I cuddle him to comfort him and he finally fell back asleep. Two hours later, something felt off. I decided I had better wake him up. He seemed fine until he tried to crawl. He reached his right arm forward, started moving his legs, then tried to put his left arm down and collapsed screaming.
After a long day in two different doctors offices, with Eli a little stressed out, and Annica being a good girl the WHOLE time... here are the results.
Eli has a buckle fracture in his left wrist.

See where there is a bump next to the white mark that the doctor put there? Well that bump is the result of a fracture on the forward flat part of the bone and sort of up inside. He must have landed palm down when he fell of the bed. Which would put pressure up in that area causing the fracture.
MY POOR BABY BOY ELI! is how I felt. The doctors kept saying how strong he was and that made us feel really good. And he was actually happy all day, unless he tried to crawl and until the doctors got in his way.
Here is a splint they put on him at the urgent care center before we took him to the orthopedic doctor.He slept through the nurse putting this on him.



Then the urgent care center called and made an urgent appointment for us at a pediatrics orthopedics specialist to make sure that his diagnosis was right. It was. He hated when the nurse was wrapping his arm in his final cast.


They had to put a cast nearly up to his shoulder because he uses his arms so much to crawl around, they were worried that a half cast wouldn't be good enough. So hears how he is going to look for the next four weeks.


Most of the day, it was just three of us- so Annica got to play at the nurses desk, but DJ was able to meet us at the specialist office, where he held ELi to get his cast on and brought me food. We were happy to see him! As soon as we got in the car to drive back home, Eli fell asleep and still is asleep. He was so exhausted from being held down and messed with! But the doctor said he can and probably will crawl around with it, and will bounced back like nothing ever happened! So we will post some happy "cast" pictures soon.
6 comments:
Oh no!!! Poor baby Eli! To be honest, I'm quite surprised that I have been able to go this long with little Ethan without any "emergencies." I have a feeling though, that trips to the ER or something aren't too far off in my future! Especially with another little brother on the way. 2 brothers=crazy wrestling matches!! Hope he recovers quickly!
Oh my goodness what a day! I have to say, all things considering, he looks SO cute in that little blue cast. I'm so glad DJ was able to meet you there :) I hope that all of you sleep well tonight :)
Oh!!! Poor Eli....I hope he does well with the cast and recovers quickly as well!! I can only imagine what else is going keep coming with these little boys of ours!
:( poor kid... poor mom to have to watch that. he's soooo cute. i love it.
Thats so sad! =( We are glad he is a tough little guy. Hope he does ok with the cast.
poor eli! I can't believe these two! Annabelle's is blue - for now! She didn't end up getting a cast so I can change the wrap on her splint as it gets dirty/worn out.
Post a Comment