Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Last Play Day

We have been here for officially two weeks. This means several things: the weather has warmed up (yeah!), we are more familiar with the area, and DJ started work today!
Saturday we decided to soak up the 82 degree sunshine, and have fun on our last day of what has been a fun 2 week vacation (in our own city).

We met up wiht some friends Dan and Chelsea. DJ and Dan went to school together at BYU-Idaho and are actuall out here with the same company. Dan is doing an internship.
First we went on a big boat out into the beautiful blue Atlantic Ocean. It was suppose to be a dolphine adventure, but the dolphines are unpredictable this time of year because they are just coming into the area. We did not see any. But it still was cool to be out in the middle of the ocean, once Eli calmed down.








Poor Eli. He was so grouchy. The boat was noisey, so I don't think he liked that. Then I thought he was hungry, so we fed him bananas. Well he was already so worked up that he cried all the way through eating the bananas, so I got worried he was getting sea sick. I finally decided to nurse him, and that calmed him down well. After that he was a lot happier. (Note, I did help hold the kids... I was just the one with the camera. Kristin told me I needed more pictures of me :-) so that my kids know that I was on these adventures. So it was easier to sneak pictures of my self when I was not holding anyone)




Annica thought it was really cool to be on a big boat. It was a little hard to stand still when the boat got going faster, and really windy so she decided to take a couple of rests.

At the end I was worried that she would be super disappointed about not seeing any dlphines bushe told us, "Maybe the dolphines will come and play wiht us another time." She is so wise.






A lite house, and the city of Virginia Beach.



When we first got on, the tour guide said, "Be careful with your electronics. The Ocean has a bad return rate." (I thought that was clever.)

When we got off the boat, Dan and Chelsea said that they knew a less crowded and better beach than where we had been before. We ate lunch on the drive up there- just about 20 blocks north, but traffic on Saturday was a little heavy. This beach was awesome! The sand was more flat, so we could walk out in the water A LOT farther while still touching the bottom. And the water was clear and calmer and pracitcally paridisical.

Playing in the ocean.




Playing in the sand as requested "not with mommy. With Chelsea and Dan."




Eli fell asleep onthe ride up to the beach. He slept for a while, then woke up and cried. Do I set him in the sand. He screamed. So I held him on my lap, that calmed him down for a good while. Then he cried some more. DJ finally snuggled him to sleep. That lasted all of ten minutes, then he woke up to cry again. So we left, but it was fun while we lasted! We are three for four, Eli hating the beach... the other time he was asleep. But we will keep trying, because the rest of us love it!








3 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

i love all the pictures! it sounded like you guys had such a great time! i wish we lived somewhere lush and green and by an ocean! someday soon maybe??

stephanie and sean said...

What a fun adventure! I LOVE all of the pictures! I'm so glad the ocean is warm enough already to play in! This is so exciting! :)

Katie said...

so i totally know chelsea! she was in my chem class... i think.. and i think she was in a hfed class. so neat! she's so nice. i wanna go to the beach!