Dj and I have been talking for sometime that we should re-write some of the lyrics to Boondocks by Little Big Town (or more insert some different words) into our own circumstances. So this is what we have come up with
“ chorus-
I feel no shame
I’m proud of where I came from
I was born and raised in the Rockies
One thing I know
No matter where I go
I keep my heart and soul in the Rockies.-
And I can feel
That mountain water running through my viens
And I can hear that lullaby of the blowing pines
And it seems to me that it sounds familiar.
(chorus)
And I can taste
That Chocolate and its still so sweet
When it gets made at the
Rocky Mountain Choclate Factory
Yeah, and it calls to me in a warm wind blowing
(chorus)
It’s where I learned about camping
It’s where I learned about love
Its where I learned about cruisers
And flapping your wings is not enough
Its where I learned about thinking
And finding who I am
Call me a Coloradan
This is me, this is who I am.
Give me a Northface Tent
A fire and a slab of rock.
And that’s home to me
It feels like home to me.
I feel no shame
I’m proud of where I came from
I was born and raised in the Rockies
One thing I know
No matter where I go
I keep my heart and soul in the Rockies.-
You get rope, I’ll get a harness
We’ll go climbing on those red rocks
Down in the rockies
Nine card rummy on Saturday night
Church on Sunday morning. “
13 years ago
1 comment:
Whoa you two! So creative! I really loved reading this :) I think you should do more of these "alterations" :) p.s. can't wait to see you guys! we are basically dying over here!
Post a Comment