Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Art Project - Fun or Yucky?

This weekend DJ and I really wanted to be able to listen to as much of General Conference as we could. In order to pull this off, we were able to get a fun game from Tia to play during conference that helped out a lot! (thanks tia) And we also tried to keep the kids busy before, and in between conference sessions. One of the things we were saving for this weekend was finger painting! Neither of our kids have ever done this, so we thought we would give it a try- thanks to washable paints! (yes Sue, its washable- other wise Eli would NOT have that apron on!)

Annica has always loved art and dove right in to the idea and made layers and layers of beauty on the paper! Look at her concentrating and adoring such a wonderful idea!


Eli stuck his hand in, rubbed it on the paper and thought it was great as he rubbed the paint all over his chair.... then he squished his hand together and the paint made a gooshy sound.... he made a strange face and got up from the table.... That was the end of it.


Though we had two radical ends of the spectrum, it worked out as planned! They were worn out by the second session and DJ and I were able to snuggle and watch it while Eli napped and Annica rested. And here are the final products Pretty impressive I must say!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad it worked so that you were able to watch conference. What a fun (and yes, very messy!) activity! We'll have to remember this when Tucker is a little older.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

You are such a brave mom! I know it is all washable, but I have yet to convince myself that I am ready for it :) Oh and Eli's face in that first picture is priceless!