Friday, April 24, 2009

Annica's First Primary Talk

Annica was able to give her first talk in primary this last sunday! She practiced all week, and did a very great job, she did not even get shy or nervous when it was her turn to go up to the podium in the primary room.

The theme of primary this year is "My Eternal Family". The children are suppose to learn more about their ancestors and extended family. They were to have learned previously about an ancestor or an extended family member who did something special. We have many of those ancestors and extended family member's who have had incredible life stories. But we asked Papa Zeke and Grandma Shauna if they would like to have a skype FHE, and Papa Zeke could teach Annica about someone in our family. He told some really fun stories about his dad, whom we call Papa Ray. Then the kids had a primary activity based around this theme. They were able to make a doll to represent the family member that they had learned about.

Here is Annica and her doll! We got the hair color wrong, but the rest looks just like him! Especially the "bibs".


And here is our famous Papa Ray with his pitch fork, and a stalk of corn!


When they are given assignments to speak in primary, they are encouraged to speak about the family member. So here is what she had to say:

"My Great Grandpa Ray was a farmer. He helped start the church in Arkansas. When it was too muddy, the cars would get stuck and they would drive the tractor to church. When they needed extra money, he would pick corn for the other farmers. His hands would hurt, but he would work hard. He loves Heavenly Father and so do I. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

Here is Annica, Eli and their Cousin Isaac with Papa Ray, and Grandma Helen.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh. I can't believe our girlies are old enough to be in primary. Isn't it crazy? I have a picture of Annica above my scrapbooking table when you guys helped us put up the hammock. She was tiny. It's too bad we have missed seeing her grow up - and totally missed out on Eli. I'm so grateful for blogs. Even though I'm not the best commentor, I do check your blog and love it. Thanks for being so dedicated to keeping it updated so I can watch your family from a distance. I miss you tons and love you more!!

Nielsen Family said...

What a cute idea! I loved all your updates & hope you're having fun! Miss you!

grandma Shauna said...

I'm so proud of Annica. it so neat she is learning geneology already! I love you all!