Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Youch

DJ loves to play basketball. Surprised? Probably not. Out here the church has developed a tri-stake sports program that is awesome! The tournament for basketball started last thursday and in Game 1, DJ got hurt. By friday morning he called me and said that his leg felt like it was on fire. So we made him an appointment and he went into the doctor. She was kind, but definitely not gentle while she tried to figure out what was wrong with it. Her decision: probably a tear in his calf muscle. So he was destined for crutches, Ibuprofen, a compression sleeve, icy-hot, lots of laying down with his leg up while icing his calf, and an over active wife.


(annica is pulling her leg up like daddy does when he uses his crutches)

He has spent a lot of time taking care of it, and it is actually feeling much better than he or the Dr. expected. He feels like it will be better to play by tomorrow night, in the next game of his basketball tournament. Lets hope so! I am sure his team needs him, but I just hope he doesn't make it worse. I love the man! What can I say?

3 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

is that a honda odyssey in the back? is that your car jessi? how does it feel?

Christy said...

Ouch! Annica needs some little crutches to be just like dad! :)

TnT Bingham said...

Ouch DJ...hope he's all mended soon!

Love the finger painting pics! That's funny because I let my kids paint between the sessions on Saturday afternoon too! --Great minds think alike!;)

We miss you guys!