Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcoming Spring

As many know, last friday was the first day of spring! Minnesota offered us some beautiful weather this weekend, and we could not pass it up! We decided to welcome in the spring with a fabulous bike ride. There is a trail that starts in our neighborhood and it goes all the way to the Mississippi River. We had no idea that we were that close to the Mississippi River, but were so excited. So we geared up and off we went!



We went through two tunnels and over a big bridge! They we stopped for lunch, blew bubbles and played for a while.


Then a few more miles of riding and we made it to the river! The trail led right to this HUGE dam. It had look out points and we walked across the top, it was absolutely beautiful!


The ride home was so smooth Eli fell asleep! (Even with Annica and DJ yelping in the echoing tunnels.) By the time we got home we had ridden 14.6 miles! Yep, we may be crazy but what a great way to welcome in spring!

5 comments:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Mike told me about this - too cool! I guess you got a bike :)

Alisha said...

That is a good long bike ride! I don't know if I could have made it. You rock!!!

Joy Hutchings said...

That is a crazy long bike ride!! I hope the kids where patient with you guys(mine complain about more than 2 miles in a stroller) I love your bike it's too cute!!! You guys are really close to the head waters of the mississippi river and it is pretty shallow along the edges and perfect for wading during the summer.

TnT Bingham said...

Jessi, girl, I miss you! The bike ride looks so beautiful and fun! Wow! I also enjoyed reading about your wonderful trip to AZ--such a nice place in the winter! (I LOVE the Mesa Temple too!) The pictures of the kids and the collage pages you made are absolutely adorable!! We loved the story of Annica playing "Nephites"....she and Jack would love to play together. I'm still praying you back here so I hope you are not completely opposed to the idea. =)

Sue said...

Sounds like so much fun although I don't know if I could pedal that far...Way to go guys!! I'm more excited for spring to come to you guys than for myself. Have fun while you're there and cherish the memories. Luv ya!