On saturday we graced the morning with sweet crepes, Jake style. Then we dyed our easter eggs free style - paint, dip or dunk... many techniques were used.
Then we played outside and made our way to an Easter Egg hunt Polman Style. The Polman's are a family in our ward. They organized a HUGE easter egg hunt. Tons of kids came to gather tons of eggs and have tons of Easter fun.
On Saturday Night I discovered that a good friend of ours had introduced a wonderful short video on her blog. It was a video that was put to part of Elder Holland's Easter talk from General Conference last week. We watched it as a family and had some very precious moments talking with Annica and Eli about Christ and the resurrection. Annica is getting old enough to start to understand way more than I thought she would. It is so important to us that our children understand the true meaning of Easter amongst all the egg and bunny fun.
EASTER MORNING
The children discovered baskets filled with Easter goodies. And went about searching and playing pure Kid Style.
We then enjoyed/survived a Beautiful Broadcasted Stake conference (reverent style) with many wonderful speakers including President Monson. What we got out of it was wonderful, but we hope we are forgiven for not hearing all of it. Two hours in the chapel with two young children was a tid bit hard. We ended up in the primary room where there was a TV set up to broadcast also, I am sure it was for families like us!
After church we went Anderson style. DJ hid Easter eggs out side and we had our own small hunt and got some sweet pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits that DJ's sweet aunt Vickie sent. (Thanks a ton Vickie!!) Annica had let me curl her hair that morning and she sure looked like a little princess!
DJ and I were very please with the weekend and how well it went, how much time we had together and how much fun and laughter we enjoy as a family. It was hard to start another monday, but we were so grateful for the weekend!
We are so grateful for Christ. That he lived, suffered and died for us. I too, loved Elder Hollands talk on the resurrection and it truly gave me a new and sacred perspective of what Christ did for us. Foryou, for me for all of us. I know that through his atonement and his resuection that he broke the chains of death that we may live again. I know that if we follow his teachings and live as he would have us live that we will have everlasting life and enjoy the eternities together as a family. That we may repent, be clean and be whole. And I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
4 comments:
What beautiful light filled children you have and you and DJ look pretty good too! I'm glad Easter was such a success and everyone had so much fun. Papa and I love you all oodles!
Sounds like it was a great weekend! And I love the curled hair on Annica - so fancy. Glad it all went smoothly!
I loved reading about your Easter Weekend! Looks like the kids had loads of fun! You all look wonderful! Especiall you Jess, i think you look great in that pic!
It sounds like you two are doing a great job, trust me Annica is understanding more than you think when you teach her about the Savior.
Way to go on a successfully fun Easter!
Post a Comment