DJ's youngest brother Justin received his mission call in the mail yesterday. He was told he would wait 2-3 weeks for it to come. He ended up waiting about 5 weeks. But the sweetness of joy that came with it was worth the wait. Thanks to my sister in law Tia, we were able to set up a conference call so that many people could be on the phone to hear as Justin opened and read where he was going.
Justin Allen Anderson will be serving the Lord in the Mission Field, in the Phoenix, Arizona mission. He is to report to the MTC on Wednesday the 1st of October. 2 months from today! We are so proud of Justin for his testimony and his steadfastness in the gospel and in Christ. We know that he will be an amazing Missionary. We know that there are people waiting for him in that specific area that will open their hearts to him, and through him will find the joy of the true gospel here on this Earth.
When you know something is true, how could you not at least try to share it with those around you? And thats what Justin has decided to do: spread the happiness and truth of the gospel. We know its true, and we know that Justin knows it is true. The spirit will lead and guide him to share that happiness with others. And we can't wait to hear of his amazing experiences. We are so proud of him for making these choices! Congratulations Justin!
With his obvious testimony, I would like to bear mine. I know that we have the fullness of Christ Gospel restored to the Earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God and that he was guided to be a key in restoring the Gospel on tis Earth. I know that we have a living prophet who leads and guides us today. Heavenly Father would not leave us un-guided, He loves us too much for that. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are together, the word of God. I know that Christ died for us, and that He lives!! If we follow him we can return to him and Heavenly Father someday and that we can be reunited with our loved ones in the next life. I know with all of my heart these things, I can feel it through and through. I bear these things, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
And with Sterling, I say "Go Arizona!!!" Wahoo!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment