Like Annica the other day realizing what it meant to add her fingers together. "Look mom, 4 fingers plus four fingers is... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. Eight!" It was the talk of the dinner table. We were so proud of her.
Or Eli Pooping in the potty... FINALLY!.... And saying "It came out! Daddy, it looks like a snake!" May seem disgusting, but we were so proud of him we shared the story with all our friends, family. Who were polite to listen, though may have been turned off by the potty talk.
Tanner can smile on purpose. Its as if he does in on cue. Anyone who looks at him, or goos at him gets melted. He has 3 different goofy smiles so far. And the one will change and form into the other has he get more excited about the moment that made him smile. And we can't help but smile back. And beam with proudness of his new accomplishment.
Its amazing the things new babies have to learn in this world. How to smile, how to suck, how to connect sound to where its coming from. How to turn their heads, how to follow objects with their eyes. How to keep their legs and arms still, or move them voluntarily rather than involuntarily. How to open their hand, get it where they want it, then close it again to pick something up. And the list goes on and on. Its incredible how much they learn and grow so quickly.
The other day we went to Zaxby's with our good friends. An old woman came and asked Amy and I if these were our children. We said yes. And she watched them with gleaming eyes. (my children who being a little too noisy and rambunctious for my liking as their mother.) And while we tried to settle them down, she smiled and said "Oh, Moments I miss the most. If I had more children I would be on ripleys believe it or not! Can you imagine 84 and having a baby? Oh, but I would do it in a heartbeat!" She gently touched my face and said "Enjoy these moments while you can." She smiled and went on to finish her lunch, and I teared up.
I hope I can follow her advice.
So here are a few of many moments we have been trying to cherish. We are so proud of him! He can finally communicate with us through his facial expressions. And we know they he sees us, hears us, is happy. More than just crying. Smiling and eye contact. How handsome.
7 comments:
These days will fly by...that elderly angel was right.
Look for good in every day and you will always find it.
Tanner looks so much like his daddy!
(And Annica too!)
At first he totally looked like Eli. Now I see more and more of Annica in him - Especially in the last picture. He sure is adorable!
How absolutely adorable this little man is Dad is sooo anxious to see him. What a happy guy. Maybe with those cheeks he actually does weigh 15 lbs., Jess! We love you all and miss you. I can hardly wait to see you.
oh my goodness those cheeks are just too much! how do you get anything done these days!? i wouldn't be able to help but be permanently snuggled into those cheeks! smiling is definitely tanner's super power.
That woman was right. It's so very true. Some of these times will never repeat themselves, and we're best to live them up while we see them. Our children may not remember all these moments, but we will. (And when they're being naughty, we'll remind them of those sweet moments! Ha!)
I agree--Tanner is looking more like Annica now and less like Eli. Which was the reverse of what I saw in the beginning. Fun to look like both siblings! Miss you, Jessi!
I want to squeeze and squeeze that baby. Do they come any cuter than that?! I hope you visit us in MN some day!
Oh my goodness! Precious. Don't you just love those first smiles and giggles? It never gets old.
By the way, you would love my moms book. It's all about her experience as a nurse for 15 or so years on the midwife and labor & delivery unit. It's a quick and very entertaining book
Post a Comment