Thursday, April 1, 2010

Columbus Air Show

We went to an air show. Planes in the air go fast and doing tricks. Helicopters to go in. Plane to go in. Tanks to go in.

This event has triggered a little boy to often say things like, "Lets pretend this is an air show" , "Look I am a plane and I can fly fast", and eli now can also parachute and has come up with all sorts of new "boy noises" to go along with each event that has something to do with airplanes.

The kids were afraid to go into the tanks at first, but eventually they did it and thought it was pretty awesome.

Dj and the kids toured a helicopter. I wanted them to look out the window so I could take a picture. DJ picked Annica up, who didn't really want to be picked up anyway. While picking her up so mom could get a picture, Eli got his eyeball kicked and got a pretty good owie out of it. GOOD GOING picture crazy MOM! Was this picture worth it? I don't think so!

We tuckered down for the actual "air show" part of the day, and jet started zooming past and doing tricks! Annica's favorite was watching the parachuters because they had PINK smoke spoofing out behind them.


Eli has been obsessed with the color orange for a long time now. "I love orange!" or "I don't like that because its not orange!" And those of you who know him probably know that he also LOVES tigers. To his amazement and awe, the announcer announces that the next plane flying will be the "Russian Tiger". He comes zooming down the runway and up into the air. And he is painted like a tiger. Eli was thrilled!! HE did all sorts of tricks and then came his big one... the piro-tech guys created a ring of dark black smoke that floated into the air, and the Russian Tiger was going to fly sideway right threw it. Here he goes, and goes and goes... and misses!! He clipped it with his wing and I got a picture of it! But in the pilots defense, it was very windy that day. And of course the little one didn't know the difference.



Did I mention that the weather was mostly sunny and about 75 degrees with humitidy. It was beautiful! My kids aren't used to the warm yet, so they pooped out pretty quick. But Dj and I made it last as long as we could, that sun just felt so good! What a daddy's girl!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Making Big memories and beautiful pictures for family and friends. So cute! Keep it up girlfriend...we LUV it!