Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We miss you Jake!

One day, Jake and I were chillen' on the couch, watching TV during "Nap and Quite Time". Eli comes strolling out, sleepy look on his face, no words yet. He opens up Jake's blanket and climbs on in, skooches around until he is comfy, and then when I am thinking that he either didn't see me, or just thought Jake was ten times cooler, he says in his sleepy voice, "Mom I need water."

Jake Came to see us from the west, so his time is two hours earlier than ours. I was so nice and told the kids that they had to wait until at least 8:00 before they could wake him up. Yes, the "so nice" was meant to be sarcastic... 8:00 our time is 6:00 his. But, he didn't get upset. Hey, he is an RM, he is used to early mornings right? This is often how I found them....



Fondu fun! We decided to do fondu one night while he was here. The cheesy stuff for dinner and the yummier stuff for dessert. We found a great non-alcholic cheese fondu recipe (or at least one that can can be converted into one). The only problem was that we didn't have a bunsen burner to keep it warm while we ate it. So though it tasted complete amazing, the cheese did not stay creamy for long. And of course, there were no problems with the chocolate. How could there be a problem with the chocolate? Eli dove in and ate as much as he could, as fast as he could. Annica took the slower route and decided to make a tower out of angel food cake, in between yummy bites! The rest of us started fast and got slower and slower hoping that somehow our stomachs could make more room.


And thanks to some fabulous friends, we kidnapped the new Wii mario brothers, and when the kids were fast asleep, Jake, DJ and I teamed up to conquer the world of Mario. We may have gotten close to addicted. But I promise it was good quality time spent together. And we rocked it! -- or least they rocked it, while tolerating me tagging along.

2 comments:

Lori said...

We love the mario game, and it's so fun to read what you are up too!

stephanie and sean said...

i always think of you when we fondu :) can't even BEGIN to tell you how much we miss you guys.