Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Home"

Well here we are in Minnesota, trying to call it home for a while. The rest of our vacation was great, and we owe a special thanks to Steph for her help and company and fun! THANKS STEPH!! and as always, thanks to mom and Dad!

We got here safe, took about 4 days to unpack and organize (thanks to DJ) and are getting used to the house, and trying to be brave enough to get used to the city. Eli has been sick. He has a sinus infection and an ear infection and so we have been avoiding going outside for the most part. Because it is really cold!! He is seeming better, but still has a runny nose, and a few more days of antibiotics.

Annica got to go outside with Daddy today and play in the snow... thats right you Virginians... snow. And she loved every minute! She just could not get enough. Yes, people felt bad for us to have to move here where it is so cold. I will admit, we miss being able to go outside very day and enjoy the sunshine. But it is those days when the snow falls lightly to ground creating a blanket of pure untouched white.. that the cold is absolutely worth it. The snow makes me feel happy and at peace... I will work on the other aspects as we move along I guess.

DJ is getting used to his new job. He is in a cubical working with the estimating team at the headquarters of the company he works for. We thought his training would be more of a school situation but it is mostly hands on, get in there and do it. AND there are only 2 other employees doing this training currently, so he will et a lot of cool experiences.

We just got the internet working, so I am sorry for the delays and for not being able to keep up with everyone! Hop this finds you all well! Happy holidays!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you got there safe, and good luck with the adjustment!

Julianne said...

We already miss your sweet family here in Virginia! I'm so glad that things are going well for you all...what an adventure! I must admit that I'm jealous of the snow. I would LOVE to have snow here, but I know it's not likely!

Christy said...

I'm glad you got there safely & that Annica is loving the snow! Katie still can't get enough of it but Jake would rather stay inside and drink hot chocolate. :)