Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are you crazy?

My brother Jake came to visit!! He got back from his mission which he served honorably in Montana, and since we could not go to Colorado to see him, he decided to head this way! It was so much fun! We loved having him here and we love having him home! So pardon me for posting so much... but this is the first of a few post to come about our time with Jake. He's just so awesome, I can't resist it! And if you knew him, you wouldn't blame me either! There is not much better than having family visit!

ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! -- maybe so.

While Jake was here, our temperaturehit 75 degrees. Add our humidity and you've got a pretty warm spring day. Well... the water in the pool has been in their all winter, and it had NOT caught up. We thought we would let the kids put their toes in. Jake said that if the kids were brave enough to go in farther, that he would too. Annica stuck her toes in.
And enjoyed the sunshine.

And really tried to be brave about the cold water...

Eli stuck his toes in as well... but it wasn't long before this

Quickly turned to this...

So Jake kept his end of the bargain. And though Eli looks ecstatic in these pictures while having a complete blast... I think Jake's facial expressions are more honest to the temperature of the water. Haha, What a great uncle!



And eventually all hope was lost, or maybe gained depending on which way you look at it. Might as well get in all the way. Lets go swimming uncle Jake!


Our good friends Amy, Jacob and Ellie joined in on the fun too!

5 comments:

Momza said...

One of the fun things about living in the south! Spring comes sooner and summer is right behind!
Come June, you're gonna love your pool!
Jake looks great. so grown up. And your babies are beautiful, Jess.

Momza said...

p.s. I'm coming to GA soon, where is Columbus?

Amy said...

Jake's faces are hilarious. I don't think I heard him complain even once. What a fun uncle!

Lori said...

Looks like such fun! I am ready for beach weather myself, but we still have a ways to go. :-)

Lori said...

Looks like such fun! I am ready for beach weather myself, but we still have a ways to go. :-)