Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gettin out of Rexburg to play play play!

We were privelaged to have an incredible weekend away from Rexburg this past weekend (and then some). The reason were were originlly going to go down to Utah was to see people for that last time before moving out to Virgina. Then my Grandmother informed us that she was giving us her beautiful China cabinet accompanied by orignal China that my Grandpa Lowell picked up in Germany many many years ago when he was in service through there for the Air Force. Also my Mom, my sister in Law Kristin, and her little boy Issac decided to come out to do some visiting as well. Plus we needed to see and play with Mike and Tia, Annica needed some play tie with her bestfriend and cousin Annabelle, we needed to visit Vickie, Sheri, and Jerica... there was a lot to do.

We spent a fun filled weekend with Tia and Annabelle and Mike We did all sorts of things -We went to the Bean museum where the Girls got to see a live reptile show and learn some fun things.

This lizard was a favorite, not because of how fast it was, or how long its tongue was, but because he pooped big time on the carpet.. and the girls will tell you all about it.



They also got to pet this snake


This buffalo was donated to the museum by DJ's Grandpa Jay. They say he was a lot bigger when he had all his coats of fur.



Here is us having Gilato in Provo at this cute little place





We left provo on sunday, stopped by had had anamazing lunch with DJ
s aunt Vickie then we went to salt lake, Dj loaded up the China Cabinet and headed back to Idaho, and the kids and I spent the next couple of days playing with Kritin, Isaac, Grandma Shauna, Grandma Dana, Papa lowell, Aunt sheri and her family... it was a blast and well needed vacation!


Isaac and Annica clean Grandma Dana's very dirty house (yeah right!)



Eli and Grandma Shauna



Mike, Tia, Eli, Annabelle, Annica and I had fun in the pool




We bundled up and walked around temple square







We then went and played at this very fun park built soley by those in the comunity.






After that, it was time for me to drive by myself with two kids back to rexburg. I was a little nervous, but a huge prayer was answered and both, yes both of my kids slept the ENTIRE ride home. I was able to have a peaceful 3 hours to myself (and to the road of course). Thansk everyone for a great few days!!

4 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

Jessi, I'm so glad that you had such a blast with your family and your china made it home in one piece :) These pictures are SO wonderful and you look bsolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! Sean and I get a kick out of Eli and his HUGE smile in like every single photo! What a blessing that the bebe's slept the whole way home!!!!!

stephanie and sean said...

is Gilato good?

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Alright Jessi, I pretty much knew what you had been up to over the weekend but I still have a comment. I saw the picture of mike holding Eli while we were out at dessert and I laughed so hard I actually snorted! So typically kids are all looking away from the camera and making grumpy faces when you try to take pictures and the adults are smiling and looking at the camera, ignoring the kids crying or whatever. But in THAT picture Eli is looking right at the camera and mike is doing the kid impersination. HAHA! THanks for coming, it really was a fun long weekend.

katie grinder said...

Jessi! it looks like you had such a good time in utah. i am so sorry i didn't/couldn't call you.. i got your message on my blog later after you were here and gone. i am so sorry. i wish we could have gotten together.