Thursday, February 28, 2008

BYU-Idaho Adventures!

I will admit we have got Cabin Fever!! And we have got it bad! Aside from DJ, we usually get out twice a week - we go to church and we take a family trip to the grocery store. We decided it was time to get out of the house for real! DJ's afternoon class was canceled, so he was done at 10:00 in the morning. So what did we do on his day off? We went and hung out at his school!! Woops! -- Sorry DJ!

We recently heard that the Biology building had a couple of greenhouses that we could go visit. So that was our first stop. We walked around the curvey halls, and could not find any graan houses. So I stopped and asked a teacher who was very hesitant about thinking we were allowed in there. So he told me who was incharge of the greenhouses, and we went to find him. He was nice when I asked him if I could take my kids and my husband in to see the greenhouses. He got right up and went to unlock the door. We went inside the first one, which was quite small but amazingly beautiful and of course, I forgot my camera!

Inside the green house where many plants including a bannana tree that actually had bannanas growing on it! Also there were two bird, one in a cage and a parrot just hanging out whereever he wanted to go. He was facinate with annica. Anytime she would talk, he would start gabbling his bird talk like crazy. Annica thought that was cool, but was more facinated with the turtles. Thats right, turtles!! In the corner, there was a little pon that had the BIGGEST fish I think I have ever seen, and also three turtles. They would go underwater for a long time, and then come right up net to Annica and poke there heads out. SO COOL. Then all of the sudden it starting raining. We felt like we were in a rain forest and booked it out of the greenhouse. How cool is that?

The enxt greenhouse had not animals, but a beautiful walking path and water falls, also a banana tree and some gorgeous exhotic flowers. It was REALLY hot in this one though, so we walked through, turn around and came out. My dream is to one day have a greenhouse. These were insane! I mean come on, a bannana tree in Rexburg - yeah!

Our next stop was the field house. We recently found out that anyone can go walking around the track in the field house between 11:30- 12:30 in the morning. YOu know what that means? While I get to get some excersise and walk, there is a very large room for Annica to run around in. I walked with ELi sleeping in the stroller about a mile, while Annica and DJ played and ran around, Annica got on Dj's shoulders... it was fun.

Then we walked outside and there was a BBQ grill with some guys selling hotdogs. Annica LOVES hot dogs! So we got her a hotdog, then we went and ate at the Nordic where I had the best salad I have had in a very, very long time. It was complete with eggs, almonds, sunflower seeds, ham, cheese, romain lettuce, spinahc leaves.. oh it was so good!

Our last stop was the book store... we decided we all needed T-shirts that say BY-Idaho to represent our time here in Rexburg, cause thats why we are here. COuld you imagine that they had shirts the matched perfectly for all four of us? Oh yeah! We are going to get family pictures taken in them... for now here are my cute kids in their shirts. Annica really thought we needed to wear them right away. When we put Eli's on, it slid up his tummy like gus gus from cinderella. It was pretty funny!


1 comment:

stephanie and sean said...

What a ROCKIN' DAY! I love how you explained everything... it made me feel like I was there! I had NO idea such places existed in Rexburg. Banana trees!?! That is too awesome! I'm so glad that you are living it up and making the most of your time there! I love those shirts too! I wish Sean and I would have gotten some when we were there. That's amazing that you all got matching ones in your different sizes! This was such a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing. It's hard to believe that you will be here so soon. We are so excited we can hardly stand it! I can't wait to meet Eli!