Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sometimes our home feels like a zoo... Happy Halloween!

The Anderson Zoo


The Whole Zoo


Happy Halloween! DJ and I finally got into the spirit this year. (neither one of us are Usually big Halloween Fans) We had so much fun. As you can see we had a theme. "The Anderson Zoo". You see, in our Zoo we have a Giraffe Named Annica, a Polar bear Named Eli, a Lion named Jessi and our fabulous Zoo Keeper's name is DJ.









We had a whole Halloween week! It was kicked doff on Sunday by a Halloween/Birthday party! One of my best friends, Jody, and her little boy Jason were both born on Halloween!! So on sunday we had cake, ice cream and fun festivities.

Tuesday was probably the highlight of Annica'a week. It was DJ and Annica's first official Daddy/Daughter date! ON campus every year, BYU_IDAHO has an incredbile Halloween Concert in which all the different musical groups get together and do halloween themed music. If you ever get a chance, you should come and see it. DJ and I went a couple of years ago, and this year Annica got to go. We were not sure how she would do in a concert situation, but it is totally children friendly and DJ said she was so entertained! I guess there was a man who played Egore from Frankenstein. He kept saying "Walk this way, no walk this way," as he walked around the stage with a funny limp. Annica came home and started walking strangely around the living room. I got confused and DJ started laughing and explained it to me.. Dang she is cute! They had a very fun date!

Tuesday night was also our ward halloween party up on campus. It was so fun! We frosted cookies, and had popcorn and punch and got to get to know people in our ward a little bit better. There were lots of fun costumes!

Then Today of course is actually Halloween. We all dressed up for another party with Jody and Jason. We went to craigos and had a fantastic lunch and lots of laughs. Annica put on her costume again tonight and learned the art of trick or treating. We went to a trunk or reat at our old ward, then hit the houses around ours. The typical "trick or treat" put candy in the bag, "Thanks!" She would say excitedly then run to the next door! She hit jackpot and had tons of fun! Everyone thought she was cute!





I think she may think that being a giraffe is part of normal life now, but I am going to hide the cosutme, I am in need of a little break...:-) HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

8 comments:

Kellie Black and Boys said...

I love the pictures! So cute!

Curt Alan Smith said...

DJ and Jessi,
Your kids are way cute. I cant believe you have 2 already! Some how we ended up on your blog and were glad we found it. You guys look great!

Valerie Housley said...

I love the pictures!!! SO cute!! And I love your family costume theme, that's great!

Kristin said...

You guys look awesome! We wanted to do a family theme this year, but Sam and I were lazy :( Hopefully next year when Isaac is more into Halloween.
Love ya, Sam, Kristin and Isaac

alma and nicole smith said...

super cute! im glad you guys had such a great week. im also glad halloween is over! happy november!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Eli looks so much older! Is it the nose or has he lost that newborn look? I can't wait to see you . . . TOMORROW!

stephanie and sean said...

WE LOVE YOU GUYS! I"m so glad that you guys decided to embrace Halloween this year. What a perfect idea to be the Anderson Zoo! Jessi, you make the best lion ever ... I love your mane :) P.S. what happened to annica's forhead? (I can't believe how big she is, and how much Eli is changing and growing). We took out our cocoa-latte maker a couple of days ago (the weather is getting chillier!) and we missed you guys. Wish you were here to drink hot cocoa with ... I would whip up some whipped cream and put big spoonfuls in each cup and give D.J the funky purple mug that he likes and we would all laugh and talk about how good life is and how much we love cocoa on a cold day. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

katie grinder said...

so fun! Jessi, what did you use on your face to get it that color... i was a lion too but i didn't look as good as you!! :)