Friday, October 12, 2007

A Fall Outing

Today Nicole had a brilliant idea! Her and Alma had been to the gardens and seen how beautiful the fall leaves were. She thought it would be fun to take pictures of our families there. I was so excited because after the snow last weekend, I was worried that everything would freeze and die and we would not get the sight of those reds, yellows, oranges.... oh but we did!











Of course as things go, an outing is never jsut an outing, and this is the culprit.



A slippery, slimey, moss and water covered rock... This rock is at the bottom of the steps we are sitting on in our family pictue. Below that is a small but very wet pond. I am not sure what I was doing, trying to see jagger, or just change my surroundings but I stepped onto this rock in my high-healed non-track boots. And BOOM!! down I went. As Annica would say, "I bonked my head." And if I recall right that is exactly what Isaid when everyone kept asking if I was okay. Well I decided to sit there for a while becasue I was afraid if I got up I would slip. As I sat there, more things stared hurting. I discovered that my feet, and luckily only my feet, had gone into the pond and the bottom of my pannts were all wet. I think that most of my body hit the actualy moss covere rock, and that the back part of my shoulder hit the next step up,(ouch!) and my head hit something too. (Really ouch!) So the whole back part of my body was muddy.. but who wants a picture of my backside? We took the rest of our pictures anyway, because you can't tell from the front... but of course I had to have DJ take a picture of my muddyness to show it off (and so I could see the full extent...which was not as bad as I thought).. So here is that too! I just noticed the mud spot on my shoudler... its as if to say "See pain here! Please don't touch."



Anyway, enough complaining on my part..The pictures of Annica are my favoirte? Isn't she cute? We would have gotten more pictures of Eli, or any for that matter, but he has been sooo sleepy today. We thought after the long nap he took he would be awake for pictures. No! He ate a whole bunch and fell back asleep real quick again. But he is cute sleeping too.

No comments: