Monday, June 11, 2012

Annica Says Goodbye To kindergarten

Whew! We have survived our first real year of "I have a kid in school" life. We were lucky to have Mrs. Jesnen as Annica's kindergarten teacher to guide us through this first experience with love, laughter, patience, learning and an endless amount of fun!

Annica's favorites...

Reading, writing, art and music. Friends and recess can't be left out here.

Annica's least favorites...

Science. Math.

I muse admit that it is harder for me to see her finish kindergarten than it was for me to see her start. I knew she was ready to begin. But now, she is in actual grade school. She has grown up so much in the last year and I know that as each year continues on I will continue to be amazed at how much she grows up each time around. Part of me would rather keep her in a bottle the way she is now. But what good would that do for her? None. Sadly.

too excited to hold still for a picture before school that last day...


At her graduation ceremony

Annica made this button picture for her sweet teacher... Mrs. Jensen. 


We are so proud of her for a great year! Way to go sweet heart! We love you!

1 comment:

stephanie and sean said...

Wow. I am beginning to feel that way too. The bottling up part :) Annica in first grade... it's hard to wrap my mind around it. Though, when we played more often, and she was so little, she was smarter than most first graders, so it doesn't surprise me how she thrives and blooms in school :) So proud of Annica for finishing kindergarden! I wish I could just reach through the computer and give her a squeeze!