Friday, August 19, 2011

The 4th with Grandma Shauna and Papa Zeke

My parents were able to come visit us on our new home turf for the 4th. We were excited because for some reason, the 4th is one of the most fun holidays around the Anderson home. Because of the warm summer weather, its easy to plan lots of fun activities. What a fun addition to tradition to have them join us! Thanks for coming! We had a blast!

In Omaha there is a lot of Church History of our Church. (the church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints.)  Its called "winter quarters." We were able to visit there and learn more about the pioneers and feel of their spirit and hardships and happiness. It is an incredible and spiritual place. 



 We also went to the Omaha Zoo. We have been to a lot of Zoos in our time. Nothing comes close to as awesome as this Zoo. I can't describe it. You will have to visit it yourself.  Eli waited and waited to see the Rhinos. This is them. He was so excited! even though they just laid there as rhinos do. 



On the 4th, my Best friend Leah, told us about a neat project. We used Swoosh water balls and watered down paint to make a Firework collage. It was awesome! They would have looked more like fireworks if our surface would have been flat and hard. There was a screen behind it. But non the less, it was saaawweeet! 

 Next on the venue.... Water balloon fight!!! I think the kids won! 


 Happy 4th of July! Thanks for the perfect and adorable outfits Vickie! 


2 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

you are always so amazing at coming up with fun activities for your babes! I don't know how you do it

Laura said...

Water balloon painting - what a great idea! I bet it was a blast. :) I love hearing about the creative ideas you plan for your family!