The kids could have played outside all day
"Jack" The donkey
Uncle John said that the horses were skiddish and probably wouldn't come up to us. Annica Proved him wrong. I think she is a horse whisperer.
One morning we were woken up by Aunt Barbara saying "Jessi! There is a buggy out front for you! You better get up!" Sure enough my Dads wonderful cousin Gary, was sitting outside awaiting us to take us on an early morning ride. It was fabulous!
Then he offered to have the kids get on the horses.
Tanner met a horse and thought it was awesome. Then my favorite part of the trip, hands down? Gary and I went on a horse back ride around the farm, the most peaceful, calm, wonderful morning. Thanks Gary!
A cousin - Paul, and his boys were going to take the kids fishing the next morning while I did laundry. But Garys sweet wife Mary wouldn't let me do my laundry. She came and stole it and sent me fishing with the fam. It was fun!
Dj caught 4 fish!
We went to My dad's cousin Bartons cabin, and went swimming like true Arkansans.
Actually... just the kids did. And Eli didn't last long. He doesn't like to get dirty. But it was fun!
Did I mention we have a lot of family in arkansas? We also spent some time with my Cousin Joe and His wife lilly. 3 of the boys happened to have the same outfit!
Joe and I took the kids for a "mule" ride down to the creek, and let them play. Eli had gotten in earlier in the week, but didn't like the mud on his feet. So he sat out this time around.
Joe told Annica he would pay her a dollar if she got all the way under the creek. So she totally did it!
WE had a fabulous dinner with My Cousin Brandon who took time out for us while moving in.
Uncle John Working in the shop.
Tanner enjoying the nice weather.
Me and sweet, wonderful Aunt Barbara
My 2nd cousin also lives on the farm. Her name is Grace. (Paul's wife) They have a chicken coup, and the kids thought it was awesome to chase the poor chickens around and catch them.
Thanks to all the Sherwoods! You made us feel so loved and welcomed! We can't wait to come back!



























4 comments:
That looks like crazy fun! I must confess I completely missed your last few posts, so I was like - whaaa? moved across the country?? But I'm all caught up now. :) LOVE the family pics - the kids are getting so big! Love you, miss you!
Ahhhh...memories of Arkansas. Looks like you guys had a great time!
Wow, what an adventure! How great your kids get to experience life in Arkansas! Glad you have such great family. They obviously love you tons, Jessica! Miss you! Best of luck on your move!!!
Looks really fun. Man, it's like you guys are real Midwesterners! We shall see. :)
Post a Comment