We had a great easter! How was yours? My kids always look so nice, Thanks to Dj's Aunt Vickie!
My kids are really grasping the True meaning of Easter. We feel so blessed to have such faithful and smart children.
"Are those bunnies?" you ask. Well, yes they are. A few weeks ago we saw some sweet hand raised bunnies and decided it was time to get a pet..... heres how it all began...
DJ's grandmother, grandfather, and his mother... and probably many generations back LOVE animals. Annica got that love and it streams through her blood like an excitement, and a need that you cannot imagine. She knows the neighborhood dogs better than she knows the kids. Some day, we will have dogs and maybe horses. Never a hamster or a cat. And to DJ's disappointment - never and iguana! But for now, we are starting with bunnies.
They were so little and cute, and just couldn't resist. And on Sale for $20!! I mean really! look at them!
Oreo is a "normal" breed rabbit. And naughty... but we will get to that in a minute.
Cutels (pronounces cute then LLLs) is a lionhead rabbit. She is shy and sweet.
*side note* we say "he" and "she", but we really don't know yet what gender they are. We are leaning toward both being girls.
We enjoy having them around mostly, but didn't have them very long before we realized that Oreo was feisty.
He jumped out of their cage a couple times.
He nibbled on DJ.
He wanted some water, but Cutels was drinking, so he bit her hiney and chased her on out of the way.
He did the same thing so that he could lay where she was laying.
He nibbled on Annica.
He figured out how to reach the carpet from inside the cage, and nibbled on that.
Then he full on BIT Tanners finger. Had a good chew and drew blood. That was the LAST straw. I was DONE with this crazy, naughty rabbit.
I called up a friend who was thinking of getting a rabbit, and told her the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And She said she would take him! Her kids are a bit older and can understand how not to stick your finger in a bunny cage. Plus she is great with animals, so maybe she can train the thing. So Oreo has left us, but we still have sweet Cutels. And I feel relieved. And we love her even more. Plus she gets lots of attention now. (Thanks kirsten and good luck.)
I have a lot of learning to do, but DJ and Annica have done very well with keeping them clean, clipped and smelling good. They may be trying to prove something - and its working. They sincerely love taking care of her. -The good, the bad and the ugly-. Maybe we can successfully be a "Pet Family", while still staying as clean as we like to. I had no idea that was possible.
So our next goal... a while down the road... will be to get a dog. A shedless, calm, medium to small dog.
Maybe later in life we will work up to A Bernese Mountain dog ( fulfilling djs hopes a dreams). But I think we had better have settled down by then, or at least be able to buy our own home. And have a yard. because that dog would have to be an outside dog.
And maybe someday we will have a ranch, or atleast a few acres with a barn adn will have a horse or two. (fulfilling Annicas hopes and dreams)
Its good to dream.... and good to let your kids dream.. and your hubby for that matter. right?
5 comments:
i love your dreams. i've always imagined you guys with horses :) i love that annica loves animals. so cute that she knows all of the neighborhood dogs. so glad you got rid of oreo!! no one likes a nibbler :) okay and those pictures are killing me!!!! i want to spend all day kissing tanner. oh i'm in love!
These pictures are so adorable of the kids. I can hardly wait to kiss Tanner's cheeks! Annica is so grown up and Eli's smile just makes me happy. I love you all and miss you tons!
Very cute! I love the matching outfits and the bunnies. I know your not in any hurry but a good dog bred for what you're looking for is a Bichon Frise. We had one growing up and it was a "shedless, calm, medium to small dog"... just a thought. For now good luck with the bunny!
Annica is such an animal lover!! I think that's the sweetest thing about her (among other things too!) I hope the bunny adventure continues to be a 'hoppy' one : ) heehee!
I've always wanted a bunny--preferrably a floppy eared one. I think they'd be the perfect pet for me. And I understand that they are the easiest to house train.
Also, when you're ready, a good dog breed is a Westie Terrier. They are small, don't really shed much at all, and are great with kids. My in-laws have 2, and ever time we visit my kids are all over the dogs but the dogs just take it (or if they don't like it, they run away. But they never do anything to the boys.)
Post a Comment