I swear it looks ten times worse in person. But thats the best picture we got of it. Oh, "what happened", you ask?
I got this fabulous new Recipe book. Its Jessica Sienfield's "Doubly Delicious". and I highly recommend it. We have love EVERYTHING we have made out of this book.
So Annica and I were cooking "Tomatoe Squash Soup." You put the ingredients in, bring to a boil, and leave it on for about 45 minutes. Then put it in a food processor - or in our case, a blender - to smooth it all together; you know, make it lush and creamy.
The button got pushed, and the lid popped off - sending boiling hot soup at Annica and I. Luckily, Annica only got specks, and her burns were little dots that only lasted a couple of hours. That, up there? Thats my arm. Annica tried so hard to hold the tears back, but in the end , we both cried. And I am not going to lie, I cried for like two hours, no joke. I had no idea how much a burn could hurt! it was painful! We immediately called a sweet friend from church who is a doctor and asked him if we needed to head to the E.R. But blessings came our way and he happened to be driving past a pharmacy literally around the corner from our house.
"I am going to grab you some cream, and I will be right there."
He doctored us up, was patient with my crying, saved us hours at the E.R. and brought the best cream I have ever put onto any "owie" in my life. It did not happen right away, but within a couple of hours, the size of the burn had gone down dramatically. And only about half of it ended up with blisters. After a few days, I am grateful that it looks this good...
We had a hard week. I was emotionally and physically drained and felt like that was my last straw before loosing it...which I may have a bit. What a blessing to have someone willing to take time to do a house call, and to serve us and for my hubby for praying for the pain to be eased. A big Thanks to Dr. Hansen and Amber! It may have seemed small to you, but it made all the difference for me that day.
In case anyone is wondering, what was left of the soup turned out incredible!

11 comments:
Is it weird that I teared up looking at it, Jess?
Bless your heart. I have had significant experiences with burns in my life. When I was 7, I tried to pour boiling water out of a little pot that my mom had just boiled eggs in--dumped it all down the front of me. Went into shock, the EMT's had to cut my dress off, with my skin stuck to it! I was in the hospital for 6 weeks.
Burns really really hurt!!
I am so glad your girl wasn't hurt as bad as you were, and that an angel-doctor took care of you!!
owie!!! im sorry you got so burned, but im glad annica got away virtually unscathed. hope you feel better and heal quickly.
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry... but so happy that you got some killer cream to make it feel better. Smoochies!
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon and I'm sorry you sufferred through so much pain!
Ouch, I'm so sorry! I'm so glad that dr. gave you some cream. I think burns are the worst! So glad that Annica was hurt badly. That's a blessing.
yowza!!!! that looks incredibly painful :( so sorry you got hurt ... especially after a tough week. i hope you mend quickly!
hi cute mama! So sorry about the burn, but everything else on this blog has made me smile!! The kids are darling. I LOVE the pic of Annica in your wedding dress. Beautiful! What a great idea!
We are still in VA Beach and should stay here a couple more years. :) Are you still in GA?
Sooo sorry!!! Hope you both are feeling much better by now, but that's a terrible burn! So glad you had such a great dr friend to help quickly. Best to you guys!
Yikes that is an owie! I have had those weeks where I am on the verge of tears for days! You are sooo not alone- glad that you are doing ok! You have some darling kiddos! Miss you!
Oh, ouchie! So glad you were able to get help : )
Oh man, sorry, Jessi. Burns can really, really hurt. I remember a burn like that when we were living in P-town--I slept with my finger in a bowl of water at night. Like you, I thought I was headed to the ER or something. Man, sorry! I hope it's better now.
So what was the miraculous cream that I should have on hand? Also, if you blend soups a lot, I highly recommend an immersion blender. Stick it in, under the water, push the button. You could still get burnt, but it will save you lots of angst! I've never been burned by that method. We got ours at an estate sale (of course) for $7.
Post a Comment