"I love our Dentist." But its true. We spend a lot of time at the dentist considering DJ's big football accident last Thanksgiving, plus all our regular cleanings. They always know who we are when we call, when we come in, etc.
A few weeks ago, DJ went in for a routine thing and came home with a gift certificate for me to get a facial. Ok.... they had actually printed Annica's name on the certificate but he did tell DJ to give this to his wife....me... not Annica.
So I think, "how nice, a little facial".
So I pull up to a very cute boutique called "Jo Lami". And go inside, and tell them that I am there for a facial and she asked me to fill out some papers and ask if I want "microderm abrasion". And I show her my coupon, and she says "Oh wow. You are special. Dr. Obebe will cover you for whatever I think you need." (did not need the MA by the way)
She takes me into "the back", and to a room with a massage bed, and warm plush blankets, and soft lighting and relaxing music, and she gave me an hour and ten minutes of natural product treatments on my face, shoulder massage, and a scalp massage. The smells were unbelievable. Coconut milk cleanser, poppyseed exfoliant, blueberry moisture, pumpkin mask, squash mask, strawberry rhubarb moisturizer.... and on and on.
My face is so soft, so smooth, removed of dead skin, and will not thirst for a long, long time. Not to mention my senses are completely revitalized. It was awesome. I did not want to get up, I was so relaxed!
So now do you understand? While we usually get bleeding gums, and sore mouth and a toothbrush to take home from our dentists, for some reason we got on our dentist's good side. It was not just a "little facial" it was the best facial on the planet. Something I could have saved up for for a long time! And thank goodness for that!
13 years ago
6 comments:
Wow, that sounds amazing!
Wow, it almost sounded like you were describing Thanksgiving dinner with the pumpkin, squash, blueberry and strawberry! It's been a long time since I've had a facial and certainly never one like that. I've love your dentist too.
oh how heavenly! i've never had a facial, but it sounds like a dream :) i'm so glad you got to be pampered!!!!!
I've never had a facial, but now I want one! I also want a dentist like yours.
So, I think you should visit your family in Colorado Springs for Christmas, then you can come see me too. :D
Facials are great but Microdermabrasions are amazing!! Even though you have little crystals in your hairline till you shower (they get everywhere!!) your skin feels amazing afterwards! They are my favorite to get!
It sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment