Friday, May 14, 2010

"A shower like the one in your bathroom?"

I few weeks ago a friend stopped me at church and asked if anyone was throwing me a baby shower. I laughed and said "no, I do not need a baby shower. its my 3rd baby and I already have a boy, and a girl and have saved everything."

The next day she called me and said, "Jessica, I have a questions for you. But its not really a question because I won't take no for an answer." Within the next 5 minutes we had a date set for a baby shower for our 3rd sweet baby.

She told me that every baby deserves to feel special and have his own things. Plus, we can't pass up a reason to celebrate!
So last night, we celebrated! And we got spoiled with yummy food, awesome presents and incredibly great company and laughter. I am so grateful to have made such great friends, and to have the opportunity to have gotten to know some of them better last night. Thank you all for your love, company and of course for the sweet gifts! The evening made it feel more like a reality that our baby is coming soon and really got me excited to bring him home. We appreciate you all so much!

For someone being so picture happy, you would think I would remember to bring a camera to my own baby shower. I did not. My brain doesn't function well in pregnancy mode. But the kids helped me arrange the gifts for a snapshot this morning.


ps. the title quote was what annica asked me this morning at breakfast. "A shower like the one in your bathroom?"

3 comments:

Momza said...

DOntcha love friends that don't take "no" for an answer?!
Glad to know you're being taken care of in GA.

grandma Shauna said...

what wonderful friends you have! Thank you all from this new liittle guy's grandma!

Christy said...

How fun for you! It's really fun to have a few new things for baby #3. ;)