DJ's boss talked to him yesterday and told him that he would like us to move to Georgia! We are going to leave in about 4 weeks. So it is fast, but just in time to escape the bitter cold of Minnesota winter! We excited to move on, we always love the adventure of going to a new place! But it is always hard to leave friends so it is definitely a bitter sweet feeling, but mostly we are excited. We have lots of people who think we are crazy for moving around so much, who feel sorry for us to not be settled down, etc. But I am here to declare that we truly do think it is fun to see new places, have a chance to learn grow and start over. Each place we have lived has been incredibly different from the last and we have enjoyed it. Plus, we knew when we DJ accepted a job from this company that we were signing up to move around from time to time.
We are thankful for the time that we have had here and plan to soak up our friendships for the next 4 weeks before it is time to go. And we know that time will go by so fast! I am reminded of Sis. Hinkley who said (something like...) "We can either laugh our way through life or cry. And I choose to laugh." And so do we.
So here's to Georgia!
13 years ago
8 comments:
ooooo - you'll be closer to Disney World :)
It's also nice to be making a plan :) Georgia will be fun - it should go without saying that they'll love you too!
you should totally get in touch with Kirsten Black Maxwell. They're moving to Georgia too in a few weeks! Fun times!
That is exciting! I didn't realize that you moved so much. What exactly does DJ do?
Congrats! Talk about a climate change! Good for you for keeping a positive attitude, and I'm glad you look for the good in each situation. Good luck!
I have an aunt in georgia...and another one that just moved from there. THEY LOVE IT!!! It's a gorgeous place, and not so cold
Congrats are in order then. I can't say I'm excited to have you clear across the country, but I guess it's not much further than Minnesota - because it's worlds away unless we are in the same apartment complex. We sure love you guys and wish you luck on your journey across the states.
We are so excited for you guys! Although you will now be even FARTHER away from us, we know you will be a wonderful influence wherever you go. We love you guys!
How fun for you to have a new adventure!
You have such a beautiful family! Will you guys be around during the holidays?
Post a Comment