Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Apples to Apples

Our home teacher has apple trees. The trees have lots of apples. He invited us to come picking, and gave us some instructions which we followed well. Come to the house, put the kids at the bottom of the hill, shake the tree, watch the apples roll down the hill, chase them, gather them, enjoy them. Take lots. The kids thought it was incredible. They laughed and chased and screamed "Shake more Daddy!" The more he shook, the more apples fell, needless to say we took home a lot of apples! And went home with very excited kids! They even ate apples on the spot... yum! And we were given some very yummy cookies to take on the way home. Thanks to Kyle and Dane!






I was telling my friend Lori about our experience, and how fun it was to do as a family, and she asked, "What are you going to do with all those apples?"... I had no answer. I don't know, what do I do with all these apples? She laughed and agreed to teach me how to make applesauce. So yesterday, we found some friends and made some applesauce and Malya taught us how to make apple pie filling. Then we canned them. Yep, thats right I have domestic friends and am learning to be so handy myself. I will admit, we were all exhausted by the end of the day, but I now have new skills, and we had fun too... it was worth it! Thanks guys! Now I am ready for raspberry jam... really, is anyone interested?



Erin, Lori, Malya, Me

4 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

Way to go with canning

Lori said...

It was so much fun, thanks!

stephanie and sean said...

how wonderful! i can't think of a better way to say HELLO to autumn! what are you talking about, you are SO domestic! :) that applesauce looks delish!

grandma Shauna said...

How fun! I'm glad you have some canning skills.Definitely more delilicious than store bought i'm sure! Love, Mom