Friday, July 31, 2009

Crazy story

I have embarked on something new. I would like to call it "active dreaming". On saturday night, I was dreaming. There were spiders marching in a line up my bed and onto my pillow. This scared me so much that DJ said I actually leaped out of bed screaming and flipped the lights and ran into the hallway. While in the hallway, I woke up. I had remembered the dream about the spiders and had acquired a burning pain in my ankle and foot. Still half asleep, I went back to bed and dosed off. The next morning I could not believe that this has actually happened and that I had actually injured myself while sleep-leaping out of my bed. Are you kidding me?!?! Ha!

Since then, I have been careful with my ankle, and trying to let in heal. I don't think its bad enough to go see a doctor.

Well, wouldn't you believe this ? Last night I had a dream about one big black spider with a yellow diamond on his back. And guess where he was? On my pillow! So guess what I did? I jumped out of bed, fell on the floor and woke up against our chair with my heart beating way too rapidly from shoulder to shoulder. I was seriously afraid and my foot hurt worse!! It took me a while to realize I was dreaming again, and finally had to guts to climb back into bed, where I was sure there was a spider. However, I begged DJ to switch sides with me.

Do we have any dream interpreters out there? I haven't slept walked in years and I cannot believe how vivid these dreams are. Not to mention how much my foot hurts! I cannot believe it happened at all, let alone more than once! I don't think I want to go to sleep tonight!

7 comments:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

:) Ha ha, Jess - you crack me up. I can't believe that this happened to you TWICE!
Let me think (aka google) a good interpretation: Do you feel trapped or stuck in some aspect of your life? Perhaps your a avoiding something, unable to make a decision? Are you trapped in situation, relationship, emotion or circumstance?

Kristin said...

You should learn how to do what's called "lucid dreaming". You can train yourself to realize that you are dreaming in your dream, then you can consciously decide what to do in your dream without waking up. You might think the spiders are silly, or you can just smash 'em. -Sam
Kristin says you should move the hard edged furniture out of there

Brooke said...

Thank you. I needed a good laugh. I just got one. Take care of that ankle.

Britney said...

That's happened to me once before too!! It was a few years ago, I dreamt a bat had flown down from the corner of my room, I sat up started swatting it away like crazy, ran out of my bedroom completely panicked, trying to explain to my brother(who was still awake) that there's a bat in my room. He just walked me back to bed & told me I'm ok. So sorry you hurt your ankle though. Just google your dream, I'm sure you can find some sort of explanation. I totally think spiders are worse than bats...keep a fly swatter next to your bed, ya know for protection! I hope you have a good dream tonight!!

Britney said...

Quick question...we have to get our carpets professionally cleaned before we move. Who did ya'll go with when you moved last year? And if ya don't mind me asking, what's the price range?(i just wanted to get an idea) THANKS!!

Alisha said...

Yikes! I don't interpret dreams, but we just moved into a new apartment that has the BIGGEST and NASTIEST spiders EVER! We finally bombed the apartment this morning to kill them all off. I think they were Hobo's. yuck. I hate spiders! Good luck with those dreams. I am pretty sure that I would have reacted the same way. I sure hope I never dream like that.

Nielsen Family said...

Whew! Take it easy, dear! I used to frequently dream I was like a superhero in a movie--I could even fly! Next time, I'll try to intervene!