Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Changes

Hola All! We have again had some changes in our lives. DJ has been asked to stay in Minnesota for a few months longer. However, our lease for our house ran out, and the owner has decided to stop renting it so that he can try to sell it. Without going into too long of a story, or being too negative, let me just tell it short. We were left with 3 weeks to find a place to live. No home-renters wanted to do a short term lease, and the apartments in our area were all too expensive. We began to look at things down by DJ's work. Nothing felt right, and I did not want to changes wards again for just a short time. Luckily we have some incredible friends, with "a really nice house". They invited us to live in their basement for the remainder of our time here, and after talking about it, praying about we decided it was indeed the best solution. Erin and David and their dog P.Sherman welcomed us in nearly 2 weeks ago and we feel so blessed! Heavenly Father really does send help through others, and our prays are answered!



Eli and Annica are sharing a room and loving it a little too much. We share a kitchen with Erin and david, and the kids love to play with "P." Eli has discovered P.'s kennel, and Annica has discovered that even a small tree can be strong enough to swing on. She has big muscles. She has informed us that she loves to move, she thinks its fun! I am sure there will be much more excitement as the days go by!

7 comments:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

I'm so glad things have worked out with you staying longer. What amazing friends! P.Sherman is pretty adorable. I'm glad Annica has been doing well with the move!

alma and nicole smith said...

woa, thats crazy! im glad you have such good friends that helped you out. what goes around comes around, right?! remember housing alma and i for 2 weeks, haha! hey, we need your address b/c vienna wants to send you guys something! you can leave a comment on the blog, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, email please: almanicole@gmail.com

Rasmussen Family said...

I'm so sad that you aren't coming to Seattle:(

Holly said...

I'm so glad everything worked out. How stressful! And what nice friends you have! The kids sure are cute, and I love the pictures in the rain. Hopefully everything continues to go well for you guys!

stephanie and sean said...

oh wow what an ordeal! i'm so grateful that everything has worked. where will you go when dj's three weeks are up? you have such faith and optimism. i have absolutely no doubt that david and erin are just as blessed to have you in their home :)

Britney said...

What a rollercoaster ride! I'm happy a family was able to take ya'll in! I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! We miss you guys!

Britney said...

What a rollercoaster ride! I'm happy a family was able to take ya'll in! I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! We miss you guys!