Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy 27!

DJ turned 27 years old and is feeling all to close to thirty. (especially with such a young wife.. haha) Annica had been waiting for several days to be able to tell him happy birthday. And she was the first to remember what day it was in the morning. She ran into our bedroom and said, "Daddy! Daddy! Happy birthday!" (In the sweetest most sincere voice. ) And everyone we talked to that day, annica made sure that they told her daddy happy birthday. We went to church and unfortunately, halfway through sacrament meeting DJ's hay-fever started acting up- I would even say more than acting up, it was really bad. So we took him home quickly to try to get it resolved. Nothing seemed to help and he was miserable most of the day. He finally decided to take benedryl, and voila! 30 minutes later he was much better!

He opened his presents, and got lots of fun things from several people! He is such a loved man! The kids of course loved this!

I told him I would make anything he wanted for dinner. He picked Calzones and shirley temples (aka kiddie cocktails)! He is sure easy to please! Then we had an ice-cream cake, and even sang happy birthday and made him blow out the candles! He did it in one try! We sure do love him and are so glad that he is with us! And I am so glad that he is willing to grow old with me!


4 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Bday, DJ! (hey, that sort of ryhmes :)
Jessi- about the rice pudding: I've never made it with white rice, but I'm sure that would be fine. Let me know how it turns out!

Rasmussen Family said...

so cute! happy day!! Have you heard any news about washington yet?

Britney said...

Tell DJ we said "happy birthday!" we miss you guys!

Christy said...

Happy Birthday DJ!