Sunday, February 22, 2009

I will Go, I will do!

Funny Story:
Today in sunbeams (her class at church) Annica learned to be thankful for the night and for the day. She has a wonderful teacher, with a class of 8 little girls. She also learned the Story of Nephi and the brass plates. The whole way home, she mad me sing the song "The lord commanded nephi to go and get the plates
From the wicked Laban inside the city gates
Laman and Lemuel were both afraid to try
Nephi was courageous, this was his reply:
I will go! I will do! The things the Lord commands,
I know the Lord Provides a way, he wants me to obey..."

So I would sing it, then a mighty excited shout, as if to get a crowd roaring - would come form the back seat, "Again!!!"

***Here is the funniest part** Then we came home and started to get settled. DJ and I were cleaning up lunch and hear her shout, "We are the courageous Nephites! You are wicked! We are going to get the brass plates!"

Haha! We are so glad that she is learning so much, and taking it all in. we are so grateful to her teachers and other church leaders who can also be influences for good in her life. we know that the more around her that help to teach her the right, the better off she will be. And we hope and pray that we are doing our part as well in helping her to learn the things that she needs so that we may all be together as a family with heavenly father again someday. Its been a great sunday! Thanks!

6 comments:

Britney said...

Yup...i def laughed at this post. I miss that little Annica! I love her imagination & sweet playfulness!
Thanks for your encouragment & congrats!! I am so proud of you for sticking with your goal : ) Even though I haven't gotten where I want to be, it doesn't get me down. I just focus on how great I feel now & use that as momentum! You can do it Jessica! I'm rooting you on all the here in VA BCH! Love ya!

Jody said...

That is so cute! I love it when they do that type of stuff.

Rasmussen Family said...

I don't know if you remember that one Sunday class when Hayden went to go bear his testimony he got scared and started singing I will go and do! It was sooo cute. Then he started crying and sat down. Children are such great teachers.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Too funny! You better repent of your wicked ways Jessi!

Anonymous said...

Lets be honest, Annica has always been a very bright girl. So it's no surprise. However I loved it when she shouted, "You are wicked!"

Too funny. Miss you guys.

Jody said...

Woman, you need to put more pictures on here..NOW!!!