Sunday, December 2, 2007

Eli's Blessing Day

Doesn't it always seem that important days turn out to be hectic days?

Well, we went back and forth trying to decide if we should 'bless' Eli during thanksgving break or christmas break. It was important to us that he be blessed in Colorado so that everyone could participate.

We woke up early so that we could be to church a little bit early, I got out of the shower and DJ had gotten up with Annica. He came in a little bit worried and asked me to look at her. She was covered in red bumps, and spots! Her face, her legs, her tummy, her arms,... you name it, even her lips were swollen. Annica had broken out with hives!!

Okay, how'd she get them? Whats she allergic to? We thought through what she had eaten the day before and figured out quickly what it was that she had eaten for the first time. Jalenpenos and cilantro dip. (which she LOVED)

DJ ran and got some childrens benedryl, while Grandma Shauna gave her a baking soda bath to help with the itch and I got Eli ready for his blessing.




These pictures don't do it justice, it seems to me as if it looked a lot worse than this. I felt so bad for her!! She was happy, but ekpt scratching and moving her body all funny.


Despite all the craziness, we amde it to church on time. Eli DJ Anderson, my little angel boy, was given a name and a blessing by his Daddy DJ Anderson, the most worthy man I know. I am so thankful for a worhty husband who blesses our lives in some many ways. As soon as DJ stood up, I started bawling. This was so special for me. I am so thankful to two good women who wrote down notes of what DJ said in the blessing, because it all kindof blurred together for me as I just soaked up the spirit. In the circle was DJ, Grandpa Jay, Papa Zeke, Russ Meacham,and Brent Ashby. Eli was so calm and quite. Papa Zeke said he was totally at peace. He was crying just before that because he was really hungry. Isn't in amazing the the spirt can calm even a precious baby?

I am so thankful for the gospel and the truth and comfort it brings. I am so thankful for ordinances such as this that can bring strength and comfort. It makes me loose my words I feel so good. Here is the little man in his very stylish blessing outfit. Thanks to all those who were there to support us and those who thoughts were with us but could not make it.





Annica's hives faded with the benedryl, then started to come back as they wore off. We gave her more benedryl and they were done after that. HEr legs were so dry from the colorado whether though that teh hives brok some little spots open, so she had some tiny scabs for a few days. We are just glad that she only had an external reaction. And now we know, no more jalepenos or cilantro for her!

6 comments:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Poor girl! You are a calm mom, I think I would have been tempted to run over to that fancy hospital.

stephanie and sean said...

That breaks my heart! She looks so sad :( I'm glad it all cleared up pretty quickly! Eli looks so pure and precious. I am going to use the idea of having the children's blessings written down... that is wonderful.

Valerie Housley said...

Oh my!! Talk about bad timing! But, you are the best mom to be able to take care of that. That's good it cleared up quickly and Eli looks precious! I'm glad the blessing went well!! If only we were out in CO a week earlier....:-)

katie grinder said...

poor poor annica! she still so cute with all the redness. and eli is a jem. to answer your question about the verification.. i guess there can be "spam" blogging. i have had peopel write on my blog that weren't anyone i knew and it was just computer generated. soooo having it- you don't get that. but i wouldn't worry about it unless it happens to you.

Kristin said...

AHHH poor Annica is right. I would have freaked out. She's a real trooper. Eli is getting big. Where did you get his fancy blessing outfit? It's posh. Oh what a great idea it is to write down notes during the blessing. I wish I would have thought of that during Isaacs'

Well we're superduper excited about you guys moving here. I have a big smile on my face just thinking about it. Have a good weekend, love ya..

stephanie and sean said...

We made a little holiday treat for you. Click on the link below. Merry Christmas
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1425804893