Saturday, December 15, 2007

BIG NEWS

Well I better start from where stroies usually start.. the begining.

Dj is done with his classes in April. He will then need an internship and he will have his bachelor's degree. We decidied that it would be a good idea to start searching for companies for internships and potentials jobs early. We wanted to get his resume to as many companies as possible for more oppurtunities. We sent it to many places in Colorado Springs,Denver, Veil, California, Las Vegas even Hawaii and National Companies. Then 10-11 companies came 'scouting" and interviewing to BYU-I. We figured the more we got his name out there, the btter. And what could it hurt? Our plan was that out of those companies SOME of them would want to interview then out of the interviews SOME would want to gve him offers and we could go from there.

He began interviewing with those who came to BYU-I, had an offer to interview in Vail Colorado, but most companies said to talk to them again in February.

The interviews went pretty well and the companies said that he would hear back in a couple of weeks. Well more than a couple of weeks went by and then more and he did not hear anything. we began to get discouraged and a little down. We were even willing to hear 'no's" we just wanted to know SOMETHING.

A couple of days after our discouragement DJ was in the welding lab when his hone rang. He answered it and heard Ladies voice say "I'm from matt construction and we would like to offer yo uand internship. I will be sending a letter." Well they wanted to know pretty quickly, but DJ was hoping for a different company called Mortenson. So he emailed them letting them know that he had another offer but wanted to hear from them before he dcided. He got an email back quickly saying that he and the board were all in favor of asking for his services in their company. YEAH!! Okay now we were stuck with the decision of which one to choose....

"line upon line, precept upon precept"

We chose to go with Mortenson. This is a nationwide company with offices in amny places and groups that travel. We were to wait for them to give us more information. While we waited for a week or so we really got the impression that we needed to go where ever Mortensen wanted to send us and that the Lord would take care of it. We talked about it and felt verystrongly "okay, we will go wherever they ask us."

The next e-mail we got was an offer for him to work in the federal contracting group within the company. This is a group that builds things for the government. This also means that there is a probability that we will be moving every few years. But they still did not tell us WHERE. OKay... so we had a few days to let that sink in and felt really good about. It will allow us to see different places of the country.... it will be good.

Then finally we found out where we are going to be living... and we are SO excited!!! it is where we felt we were going, where my mom felt we were going... we will be moving in May of 2008... to Virginia Beach, Virginia. The company is taking very good care of us. He gets benefits from day one. And though he will be able to count the first few months as his last internship for BYU-I, he will be hired on for a fulltiem possition starting in June.

We feel so blessed and are so excited to be out there. Sam and Kristin (my brother and his wife) are only 4 hours away and our really great friends the Braniffs are about 3 hours away. Virginia Beach is right where the Chesepeak Bay and the Ocean meet. We will be right on the water, close to lots of things we have never seen. Though I thought I would never say this it will be hard to leave rexburg". Its been a great place to live, but we are mostly ready, and a little bit nervous for an exciting new change. Hppe everyone is getting excited for christmas or other holidays. Wow! That was long, SORRY! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Kellie Black and Boys said...

Oh my gosh, Congratulations!!! I have to say I was hoping to see Las Vegas, NV! Oh well, Virginia Beach will be good to you. I've always wanted to go there, maybe now we'll have a reason! I'm so happy that things worked out for you. It's funny the way the Lord works. I'm so sad that you are going to be on the OTHER side of the country though! What am I going to do?!?!? Hopefully you will still head back to the Springs for all major holidays. I think Sky and I are planning on moving back there (probably Castle Rock) late next year.

Valerie Housley said...

That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!!!

katie grinder said...

that is great jessi!! you will be great there and i am so excited for you and your family. :)

Sean said...

We've been dancing in celebration for days now. We've missed school, missed work, people from church want to know why we aren't fulfilling our callings... but we can't help it.... we just continue our celebratory jig! Seriously though, this isn't too far from the truth. We are so excited you are moving here! Of course, we haven't been down to Virginia Beach but I think you'll like it out here. Do you remember Chris the RA from Pine View? He was from Virginia Beach. Anyway... I've got to get back to dancing! Talk to you soon.