Wednessday and Thursday night, the furnace at my parents house was not working correctly. Luckily, they have a wood-burning fireplace on the upper level, and a woodburning stove on the lower level of their house. DJ and Dad lit some very oraoring fires for our 12 degree weather. Wednessday night, we all woke up a little chilley back in the bedrooms. So when Thrusdya night came around, we figured we had better sleep out by the fire. We pulled out Annica's matress, and Eli's crib and pulled out the hida bed. There was another round of burning logs and Annica thought it was so fun that we were going to have a slumber party!! (she kept telling everyone about the net day)
We were not sure how the two kids would do in the same room, but our warmth was more important. To our surprise, even though Eli woke up )like usual) every three hours to eat, Annica slept right through his cute cries.
Though we did not all leep in the same bed, we played that way for a while, then turned on a movie. We all feel asleep in the middle of it and it was a great and warm nights sleep!



THANKSGIVING DAY!!
On thanksgiving day Annica helped my mom cook an amazing meal. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, rolls, stuffing, pumpkin pie, cheese cake.... Annica loves to dump in the measured things and help to stir and squish! The food was so yummy!! DJ's Dad and brothers joined us for a movie in the basement during the afternoon, and a 5:30 dinner in the evening. It was nice food, nice company. Thanks mom!! Everyone stuck around for a while and played on the Wii. Then we all had a good nigths rest and looked forward to another thanksgiving meal.
DJ's Grandma June (his mom's mom) decided to have her thanksgiving on friday so that almost everyone could make it. We felt bad for arriving late, but were excited to see all DJ's Aunts an Uncles and his many, many cousins. Annica was immediately befriended by Hannah and had so much fun!! (thanks Hannah!) We were sad that DJ's mom was not able to make it up, but glad that she had a good thanksgiving of her own. We were able to also enjoy an amazing meal of Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato pie, green bean casserole, yummy pies and incredible chocolate truffle! We were so thankful to get to spend some time with them.
Grandma June gave Annica this dress. She LOVES it!! We put it on her and she said, "Look!! My dress has Whiskers!!" hahaha... "Like Daddy's Whiskers!" She is so funny. DJ has never has whiskers that long, but we thinks she is pretty cute, so thats officially what we call it. "Her whisker dress". Thanks grandma June!
3 comments:
I love it - the whisker dress! It remindes me of a song . . . :)
I don't mind belated posts at all! I'm the same way :) It's not like I go to your blog and think "Ugh! She's writing about thanksgiving? that was like days ago!!!" I'm more like "YAY!!!!!! A post! And PICTURES!" Keep em comin' my friend.
Slumber party! Your Thanksgiving sounds like a dream! You guys were made for us. I can't imagine anything more fun than pulling out mattresses, making a roaring fire and falling asleep to a movie :) I know I say this all the time, but I can't believe how BIG Annica is getting. I can't wait to meet Eli. I just want to snuggle him. Sean keeps saying, "Remember how much Annica loved us?" I think Sean is really missing her (and you guys too of course!) I am hoping that we can see you guys sooner than later :) We miss you.
When Isaac saw Annica's dress he said he wanted to comb and pet it! So if she ever wears it around him she better be prepared to get groomed....
Post a Comment