We got to the hospital and the contractiosn were getting stronger faster. I needed help. Thank goodness my superman husband was there to save the day. Through every contraction he took me to a different place with his words. We went to the beach, the open fields, the mountains.... you name it. With such beautiful detail, it did not seem long before the epidural was finally set into place. (and I was TOUGH through contractions) The epidural worked as quickly as it could, but I was progressing so fast it was a small step behind. MY left side was quite numb and my right side was a bout halfway numb. Things were not to bad, and I was going to have a baby.... 6 weeks early!!
I was in labor for about 4 1/2 hours and pushed for only 15 minutes. Out came a beautiful, wimpering little boy. 5 pounds, 9 ounces and 18 inches long. He is doing a lot better than was expected. He was not on a ventalator, but did have to be on oxygen for only a few hours. He will have to be in the NICU until he can learn to eat either from me or a bottle at every feeding. This could be just a few days or up to a couple weeks... we aren't really sure. Hoever, he is already making great progression towards that, and we are just waiting for my milk to come in. Hehas also developed a little jaundice, but that shoudl be gone in a couple days as well. Here are some pictures and we would ask for many prayers for him to be able to leave the hopital as soon as possible. He really is doing well and is strong, just a little preterm. Thank you all for everything!! We will try to keep this updated. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment