Annica earned the Good Citizen award at school. It was a pretty big deal! There was a special celebration held to honor the good citizens of the school.
I arrived at the school and walk into the cafeteria. There are TONS of parents there excited and chattering and showing the pride of their children on their faces. I too was happy to know that away from home, my daughter was behaving the way she ought to.
The children came in and sat up from, quietly and politely like all good citizens do. The principal gave us a warm welcome, and expressed that she too was proud of our children, and that she knew it had been because they were taught well at home, and she was glad that they had good parents. (silent cheer in my head).
Then one by one the children got to go up and shake her hand and receive a certificate, while parents clapped. As each child went up, I could tell exactly where their parents were as the loud part of the cheering shifted around the room. When it was Annica's turn, she gave a shy smile, a small shake and returned to her seat shoulders held high.
Once all the children had gone up, they were given ice cream as an extra reward.
This morning, Annica said "G. Asked me if I could help her learn how to be a good citizen on the playground today. Because she never got to be a good citizen before."
So now, if I was a bumper sticker kind of a person I might have a "Proud of my good citizen" bumper sticker. Can I get a round of applause for my sweet and well behaved little girl please?
6 comments:
Congratulations Annica, It is great that you won the good citizen award. That is a special award. One time when my boy was small he won the good citizen award and the principal of the school said a strong person can win for strength and a fast runner can win races, but it takes a person that is good on the inside and outside to win the good citizen award. Congratulations to Mommy and Daddy too for helping make your little girl a winner of such a beautiful title.
I love that all the kids from church were there! It definitely says something about our religion when our kids are doing the right thing b/c they were taught to do the right thing.
Clap clap clap clap clap!!! Lots of love to you guys. We miss you!
How sweet! Did she do something in particular to win the award? Or is she just a great citizen all the time? :D
Congratulations!
Congratulations to Annica!
Post a Comment