Sunday, August 15, 2010

Boo-Boo's, Not Owies.

Eli has some boo-boos. He told us not to call them owies. "Emma says they are Boo-boos. So we need to call them boo-boos."

He fell at the pool and smacked his face on the ground. Lets just say there was a lot of red stuff flowing down his face. I could see it from across the pool. Blood from his nose, blood from his mouth. Blood all over DJ an I while trying to figure out where it was all coming from. Blood down eli's swim shirt, smeared on his face from his holding it...

A man that saw it happen asked "Does he have all his teeth?"... In my mind I thought, "oh no! does he? that would be horrible!"

Don't worry, nothing broken, no teeth loose or missing. But we still felt so bad for him. We got the bleeding stopped and headed home for a popsicle. Then we all snuggled on the couch until he felt a bit better. But poor Eli now has a bruised nose, and a scratched chin. But worst of all his lips are fat and all cut-up on the inside. Poor, poor boy!

Look at those sad lips! They are more than twice the size of his normal little boy lips!


The swelling only lasted about a day and a half. By this morning the swelling was gone. The cuts and bruises in his mouth just need to heal. He is a boy and a tough one at that! He says they don't hurt anymore... that is unless he is trying to get out of going to sleep. So we are sure he is fine.

4 comments:

Momza said...

Ouch!!! Hope he's feeling better today!

stephanie and sean said...

Oh no! That's quite the boo boo! What a tough little guy! I'm glad to hear that he's on the mend :)

Lori said...

Poor guy, having your kid sick or injured is the worst! Glad to hear he is healing quickly.

Lori said...

I found the caterpillar at the dog park. I posted about that a while back. Monarch caterpillars live on and eat Milkweed. If that grows by you you may find a caterpillar. But I know Denise has sent in somewhere for the same kind of experience. It was a different kind of butterfly, but still cool I guess. The expereince is very fun!