-noun
1. supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment: wedded bliss.
2. Theology. the joy of heaven.
3. heaven; paradise: the road to eternal bliss.
4. Archaic. a cause of great joy or happiness.
We are back from Colorado. You may think that the word bliss is a little dramatic for a family reunion. But let me assure you, it is the only word to describe the week that we had and the refreshment I feel from being away from the normalness of the everyday. - watch out, you are in for a long haul here!
We began our trip with a celebration, Colorado Style. In my parents backyard, we had a campfire, roasted hotdogs, burgers, brats- the works. We indulged in yummy potato salad and chocolate dipped strawberries and then made s'smores with the fanciest chocolate I have ever seen smooshed between two grahms and melted over a mallow. We were joined by nearly my entire family - missing my brother Sam, who joined us later in the week and my brother Jake who is faithfully serving the Lord on a mission in Montana. We also had my sister in laws parents and brother, and our good Friends Alma and Nicole and their kids.
(see Nicole's blog for pics!)
On monday, the boys headed down to no-man's land and worked their muscles apart by laying stone in the bottom of a famous T.P. Their goal was to make no cracks, and keep it flat and clean. They succeeded with flying colors! I hope to go and see it someday. And after all that work, they deserved a massage. Did they feel like going to the spa? Nope. They hung out with us instead.
As for the girls. We got spoiled. Very, very spoiled. We no have an entire set of scrap-booking supplies to keep in Colorado, that we may enjoy and play with whenever we come and visit. We spent hours last week playing, and cutting and stamping, and we have found a new love in the scrapbooking world- embossing. Have no idea what I am talking about? ooo your in for a treat, I will tell you about it sometime! Its fabulous.
Don't the kids need some spoiling you say? Of course they do! And did they get it? Why yes. They spent the entire week playing with their cousins. Annica and Eli are 2 of 5 grandkids. You'd be surprised to hear that the house was filled with monsters, princesses, fairies, pirates, sailors, doggies, kitties, birds.... and most of them came with happiness and laughter. We were also able to take the kids to the North Pole. I know it seems sort of far away- but we know a secret that many don't. There is a part of the North Pole in the mountains of colorado. Santa stays there over the summer, and he had is elves create a fun, fun environment for kids of all ages to enjoy. Unfortunately, I only have a few pics of it because the DVD i burned of everyone elses pic won't load onto my computer. so here is what I have -
Eli (and annica and annabelle in the background) riding the motorcycles). And my Sister in Law Tia flying down the candy cane slide. - The north Pole is basically a child's amusement park. And has the highest ferris wheel... in the US? Anyway we had awesome pics of that... oh how I wish we had those pictures...
Wednesday was a day I much looked forward to. My Dad and I had decided to go for a hike, just the two of us and use our fancy cameras to take some pictures, as we and my brothers are trying to learn more about the details of photography. We hiked up part of Pikes Peak, and cut of the trail to continue hiking, playing a picture taking in some water falls. It was so serene and beautiful and peaceful. Just what I needed to refresh my outlook on life. And in Good Company!
Here is My dad and I soaked from the waterfalls, and enjoying every minute of it.
We may have gotten little bit too into our photography. Everywhere we looked, there was something we wanted to capture- here are some of the sights we encountered.
Taken by my Dad- AKA Papa Zeke
Taken By Me...
We came home to the kids playing in water of their own... they got papa! In the background is the view of Pikes Peak from my parents house
DJ's Grandmother passed away a couple of years ago, and just the four of us were able to go to the cemetery. We took some fake flowers- fake beause e knew no one would be around to clean up real ones as they died. And we sat to listen to DJ tell us a story about Grandma Betty Joe. It was short, and sweet and a beautiful morning for us to spend together as a family!
One of the most fun parts of going home was to meet our new Nephew- He is two months old now and so, so precious! Introducing, Asa Michael Sherwood
We were also able to spend some time bowling. - again the pics are missing, but I assure you there were some good ones! The kids thought it was fun to have the little ramp to roll the ball down, and we opted to try without bumpers! The best part we when my sister in law went up to bowl, her ball slipped off of her hand, and the ball flew into a big pole, made a loud "poing!" noise and flew back into a table. We were all laughing so hard, and luckily we were the only ones bowling at the time. I seem to recall her reaction as "I am glad I did not kill one of the children!" Haha
And here are some more fun pictures to top off the cup!
This is our nephew Isaac. He was in backwards mode this morning, then he was in backwards silly face mode. He is pretty awesome!
All of the cousins love to read books. Lucky for them, one of the best book readers in the state of colorado happens to be their grandmother! Here is Annica and Annabelle enjoying one of many books.
Eli thought it was awesome to eat with Grandma shauna... she would turn his food into choo trains and motorcycles. Sometimes, that is the ONLY way he would eat!
4 comments:
Sounds like BLISS to me! Happy to hear of your fun adventures with all of your family : )
It was a perfect week. Your pics are fun. Thank you Thank you, we love you!
What a fun week! What part of Montana is your brother serving in? Not Butte?
Colorado is a special place, isn't it? And your family is just wonderful!
Wish I'd known you were here! I'd have loved to see you! Let us know next time!
Post a Comment