Eli started his third and Last year of preschool a couple weeks ago. Last year, he cried when we dropped him off for days. It was so sad! So I prepared for the worst. I prepared to be patient, prepared extra time to stay for a bit to help settle him, prepared ways to make him laugh and feel better.
We walked in, and were the first ones there. He has two wonderful teachers give him undimmed attention because none of the other kids were there. He washed his hands, traced his name and practically skipped his way to the rug for circle time. He shot me his best smile and said he'd see me later.
Really? Man! He is growing up!
He tells me "I love the playtime, and the other time when we are learning is okay I guess."
Well a bit of love, a bit of "ok, I guess", and no "please don't make me go there!"s ... is just fine with me!


.jpg)

1 comment:
My big 5 year old grand son Eli! You are so good-looking and smart. I love these pictures and you soooo much.
Post a Comment