Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pierced

When I was young, the rule was that I had to wait until I was twelve to get my ears pierced.

My mom spontaneously changed that rule one night at the mall, and I ended up getting them pierced when I was eleven.

My dad was upset that my mom did it without him knowing...

I always said that if I have a little girl, I will let her choose when she was ready to have her ear pierced. Because I didn't feel like it was a big deal....

that was until Annica was sitting in the chair at Claires about to punch holes in her ears that would last for the rest of her life!

it was then, that it felt like a BIG deal.

But she was soo brave, so I sucked it up and let it happen.

I offered to hold her hand. No. She just squeezed her own leg, and it was over quickly.

And I must admit, she is pretty darn cute with those pink flower gems in her ears!





2 comments:

grandma Shauna said...

perfectly cute!

Christy Bauer said...

I hated having to wait until I was 12 to get my ears pierced so I told Katie she could get hers done whenever she wanted to. I was kind of glad she wasn't brave enough until she was almost 8.... :)

Annica's earrings are very cute!