Annica is five, and it passed by too quickly. It happened before I realized it. She can get her own snacks, rush her own teeth, she even walks to class by herself at school. I can't protect her completely, make her follow my every move, and she even out smarts me sometimes. For instance, she is awesome at swimming, in the 3 feet. No floaties, no fear, no problem. Then a few weeks ago, she tried to hop into the five feet without her floaties. I told her to go put them on. She said, "mom I can do it." I said "No Annica, you need to obey." and she insisted - "let me show you mom". I have always said I will listen to my children when they speak to me, so I backed down reluctantly. She swam 15-20 feet across the pool, in the deepest part.
She is too old. She is getting more and more independent. And to think she came home this small.

She got to celebrate her birthday at school, and be the leader. Eli and I went to eat lunch with her and have cupcakes with the class.
5 comments:
awwww! i can't believe it either!! happy birthday annica! you are such a good little girl! we love you.
Happy Birthday Annica! Five IS old!!! What a beautiful little lady she's turning out to be!
annica's cowboy boots are awesome!!!
The years are going by too fast. I can't believe our little girls are so big, Didn't Annica and Alexys used to eat chalk together like just last month or something?! I Love the cowgirl boots too ;)
Sorry to hear you have been dealing with illness. We have had some bad colds, but I would take that any day to stomach bugs and croup. Hope you all get healthy soon! And I know life is busy for both of us, we will talk sometime I'm sure!
Post a Comment